Home Selling in Austin>Question Details

Curtis Glynn, Home Owner in Austin, TX

I would like to list my house for sale on Trulia. How do I list the information on your site?

Asked by Curtis Glynn, Austin, TX Thu Sep 26, 2013

I have a written description and photos.

Answers

14
Hi Curtis - here is the simple answer to your simple question, which apparently no one else here knows!

Unfortunately, you cannot list your home for sale on Trulia as a "for sale by owner" (fsbo). It isn't allowed, and you can't pay for it, either.

They only allow agent-listed homes to be posted here.

Best wishes.......

ps
there are some "fsbo" friendly sites out there - zillow.com, craigslist.com and ForSaleByOwner.com are just several......there are others.
Theheartoflakeway.com
Contact if we can help
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 27, 2015
I would like information on how I can list my home that is for sale. What do I have to do and is there a fee to do it?
You would need a Realtor.
How do I sell my home on Trulia
Hi Curtis:

Unfortunately as a private individual you cant do so.

Only if you are an Agent or broker.

Otherwise, it is hard to maintain the sanctity of the "Listing Post".

Perry
Best wishes for Trulia. That is why no one uses that site
Flag Wed Jan 28, 2015
HOW DO I LIST MY HOUSE FOR SALE BY OWNER?
Curtis
As Rose has so vigilently stated. the portal to your home appearing on Truiia is through your REALTOR (r). As you may know, all professional fees are negotiable. Have a chat with a REALTOR (r) and discuss what options will serve your propose best.
-
Please be aware of the great risks you and the future buyer will be exposed when you choose to place your homes detailed information on an aggregate real estate website.

Best of success,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
727.420.4041
You can get your home on Trulia without putting the home on the MLS. Trulia has "spiders" that search the internet for key words, such as "For Sale" and will post the source of where their spider received the information. As an example, I can put a home on a virtual tour website or on my website, and it is highly likely that Trulia will pick it up, post it and note the source. But, Trulia is but one site. I post to a tad over 300 sites to blanket the market, as it would be quite limiting to use one avenue to market a home....though Trulia is a sizable avenue. It would be quite the undertaking for one, who is not a top producing agent with substantial resources, to post to a vast audience. i.e. it can be done, but it is substantially more effort than one would anticipate.
Assuming this is you wanting to sell your own home-I do understand why, I thought the same thing prior to all my real estate classes and getting licensed-it is a lot more complex than I ever thought.
I do try to get all my listings on Trulia and Zillow by creating a website on a third party site, all this prior to getting them in the MLS. I have gotten more hits from the Z site-but I have sold the homes by having it on the MLS site.
You by are missing out on a major marketing element by not using a Realtor, the stats prove that point .
If you have any questions feel free to contact me.
Good luck to you.

Sonia Roberts, Realtor®
Canady Realty
512.709.1811

"A satisfied customer is the best business strategy of all."
Michael LeBoeuf

Texas Law requires all real estate licensees to give the following information about brokerage services:

http://www.trec.state.tx.us/pdf/contracts/OP-K.pdf
Hi Curtis,

Please look at these National Association of Realtor statistics
FSBOs accounted for 9% of home sales in 2012. The typical FSBO home sold for $174,900 compared to $215,000 for agent-assisted home sales.

Please know that we love our profession and are more than willing to help you. I am available to speak to you if you wish to hire a Realtor.

Best wishes,
Melissa Galvan
Keller Williams Realtor
512-773-5735
galvan.melissa.a@gmail.com
Your Realtor will typically take care of that for you unless you are trying to do it yourself, which means you must contact Trulia directly and pay them to list it I believe. By the way, if you do not yet have a Realtor and/or are not successful on your own, or don't want to take on such a complex and serious transaction, feel free to contact me. I am a Residential Specialist and working with a Realtor will typically not only yield you more money, even after commissions, but it will limit your liability and workload tremendously! I am one of the top Listing Agents in Austin and continuously help FSBOs maximize their net and minimize their liability at the same time. 69% of lawsuits last year were reportedly over real estate. Also, you might use a few websites, but I use over 22,000 online advertisers! There's a lot more to selling a house then placing a few ads... I have also negotiated hundreds of millions of dollars in my life and definitely have an advantage over most buyers and or their agents. Please let me know if I can do anything more to help you. Joe

Joe Jarusinsky, Realtor/Master Instructor, Keller Williams Realty, Austin's #1 Real Estate Company, Call 512-261-4415
Your reply is most impressive Joe! Will you help folks here in Chicago sell their homes s well?
Flag Sun Dec 20, 2015
you are wrong - Trulia doesn't allow fsbo's to list their homes here - not for free and not even for a fee
Flag Thu Sep 26, 2013
If you are selling the home yourself you may have to pay a fee for use of listing your home on trulia. They have a contact button that you take to a trulia person about how to do that. If you have an agent they can automatically list your home on trulia or any other site you want because as Realtors we pay a fee to use these sites. Let me know you have any other questions .
NO, you also are wrong! Why post "advice" unless you are sure of your facts? Trulia does NOT allow fsbo's to list on this site.
Flag Thu Sep 26, 2013
Are you for sale by owner or do you have an agent?