Rose Manni, Real Estate Pro in Lexington, MA

I would like to know which towns in MA are lacking in inventory? Burlington, Reading, Stoneham, Lexington, Winchester all need more listings!

Asked by Rose Manni, Lexington, MA Sat Feb 9, 2013

Answers

6
Hi Rose,

Aren't they all?
The inventory at some price points is lower that others.

Of course choosing a local real estate pro can help you save a lot of time.
(Not me, I'm on the Cape, but I can help you choose a local pro when you are ready.)

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)
Out here in Western Mass - same low inventory challenge! Very low inventory is great when you get a new listing, especially when it shows well and is priced accordingly. My listings are flying off the market! More of a challenge when we are dealing with buyers. It's not easy getting them to understand they now need to offer at asking price or higher when 6 to 12 months ago they could low-ball an offer on any listing. So hopefully all those sellers who were on the fence will list this spring and create more opportunity for everyone. The media is certainly bringing this turn of the market into the forefront. Even though we will have our challenges, the low inventory issue is a great prelude to a killer spring market!
Boston and greater Boston are in desperate need of inventory. High demand + low inventory = driving prices up and resulting in a lot of bidding wars.

Territory.com
Massachusetts Premier Buyer Brokerage
617 848 5407 x701
Web Reference: http://territory.com
Rose

That is why the best time to sell a home is Jan - Mar as that is when there is lowest inventory and the highest demand.

Louis
From my learnings I'm finding all the towns in and around Greater Boston are needing more listings badly. The short inventory is causing multiple offer situations for many listings. So you can add Medford to your list of cities/towns needing property listings.
Framingham, Natick, Southborough, Westborough, Sudbury, Wayland, Ashland are also very low in inventory. The range from 200-550k is the lowest I would say affecting a lot of first time home buyers with multiple offer situations occuring on nice properties that come on the market in very short time.
Anyone want to sell in the area? Call me...timing is great right now!

Lynne Hagopian
508 648-0393
LHagopian@hammondre.com