Home Selling in Ridge Manor>Question Details

Trish, Home Seller in Lancaster, PA

I would like to know what the value of 1.25 acres in Ridge Manor Estates, Ridge Manor, FL is worth.

Asked by Trish, Lancaster, PA Sun Jul 29, 2007

Lot is heavily treed, is not lakefront and has not been developed. Owner has had lot since 1972.

Answers

5
You should hire an appraiser. An appraiser would be impartial and have the training to know the difference between your lot and others.
Go to:
http://www.agoodappraisal.com
Dear Trish,
Just checking to see if you are still interested in Ridge Manor Estates.
There is about 40,000 lots in the Ridge Manor Estates.
The land varies greatly, like the opinions you recevied.
To view other lots available in the Estates go to our web site.
I have sold over 5,000 lots in the Estates.
If you want an expert opinion give us a call.
Brand Realty Inc (352) 583-5202
steve@brandrealty.net
Web Reference: http://www.brandrealty.net
Hello Land Owner,
The Ridge Manor area varies.
I have specialised in this area for 23 years.
E mail me your parcel or key number and I can tell you more.
Steve at Brand Realty.
steve@brandrealty.net
You're probably lucky it hasn't been deveopled. I have looked @ homes extensively in & around that area & it all seems to be a "sand pit". I don't mean to be derogatory of every hm, or lot out there. But I see problemS just logically building on sand, if you don't have a really good builder (maybe its an old Sunday school lesson coming back from my youth). & it would make sense that it "could" cost more to do it properly. MANY of the hms I looked @, even though relatively new, were built hastily by the builder's who wanted to get in on the housing boom B4 the bust. I have a realtor w/30 yrs construction exp in prior job & he has shown us one hm "WE" were interested in because of price that was designed by a woman w/ no building exp. She just wanted to get in on said "boom" & planned to build a # of hms in Ridge til the bust. The hm was devoid of trees in or near it-taken dwn on her instruction, built close to the rd on acre lot-no privacy & lots of DUST from other vehicles on rd, tacky/cheap vinyl flooring, missing H20 heater, missing A/C unit, & already (in just 5 yrs showing cracks-signs of "settling" that made me very uncomfortable (given her inexperience & rush to "get it done" & move on to the next 1). The cracks were the last straw for me, even @ the $ it was being sold for @ that time. I now see if has dropped once more, to well below 100K & I know why (in my humble opinion). I would be very cautious of the lot & its "stability" & I would also ck into current prices of "impact fees" in that County if you do indeed intend to build. They can vary greatly from one county to another. I 'm no expert, but I've been looking to buy for some time now & did do my homework for once. My ole civics teacher would be proud:):) Hope this helps.
Ridge Manor is an area that was subdivided and been selling slowly since the downturn in the market. Without knowing the lot placement, it is very hard to say. Could be anywhere from $12K to $30Ks. We can help with this, if needed?