Home Selling in Barrington>Question Details

Builderagent,  in Cary, IL

I work for a custom home builder (not as a real estate sales person) BUT I'm also a licensed real estate broker. Can I act as a real estate?

Asked by Builderagent, Cary, IL Tue Mar 9, 2010

salesman? person for transaction that deal with homes that my employer sells? Instead of using real estate borkerage house, can my custom home builder employer hire me to sell his homes under my brokerage license?

Help the community by answering this question:


Do you have a managing broker license? Otherwise how could he pay you a commission, if you are a
broker and not a managing broker?If you work for a company that holds your license , wouldn't he pay the commission to them?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu May 31, 2012
You must hang your shingle under the flag of a Managing Broker or get a Managing Brokers License.
I highly recommend the Coldwell Banker Barrington office, they are the most professional office around.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 8, 2012
You should be able to as long as your builder is not a licensed broker.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 10, 2010
I believe you can with proper disclosure. I don't see any conflict of interests here. Do you own a realty or affiliated with someone?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 9, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer