Bonnie, Real Estate Pro in La Quinta, CA

I wish to list a home for sale what do I do

Asked by Bonnie, La Quinta, CA Mon Jun 30, 2008

Answers

10
Bonnie,

By now your home has probably been listed and sold. Would you care to give us an update on your situation? You can post it as a comment on this question...

I have just read all the answers from all the other Agents who have attempted to give you advice in selling a home and I'm afraid I don't have anything to add without actually seeing your home, finding out about your motivation in selling and coming up with a mutually agreeable marketing approach to sell your home. The key to a successful sale is communication between you and your Broker/Agent.

As all of the others have said, call me and we can go from there....

John Hendrick, CSP, e-PRO
Broker/Owner
John Hendrick Realty Associates
46201 Washington Street
La Quinta CA 92253
(760) 774-8198
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 14, 2008
Wow! You sure asked a great question! (And one that is sure to generate a ton of answeres, especially from real estate agents!)

I recently posted the second blog in a series of three, on would only add that I have a 3-part blog series titled "Things To Do When Selling A Home". You can access these blogs on my website at http://www.DesertAreaGolfHomes.com (click on the "Read My blog! link). Will be posting the last of the series soon.

You have already received a lot of good advice. About the only thing I would ad is try to find a listing agent with good internet marketing exposure as this is where buyers usually start their home search. You may want to look for a real estate agent that is "e-PRO" certified indicating certified expertise in real estate related technology and internet marketing.

Best wishes in listing and selling you home - if I can be of any assistance please let me know.
Hi Bonnie,
How are you?
First question is why do you want to sale. Do you want to buy another home. Why do u want to sell. Is the value there? What chooses fo you have. Rent it out? For Suggestions, Email me now. Foreclosre, Investor Speciialist knowledge
Hi Bonnie,

My office is in La Quinta and I am very familiar with this market as well asthe surrounding areas. I would be happy to meet with you and explore your options. I have references from past clients I would be glad to share with you. Under your name it says "Real Estate Pro in La Quina". Are you an agent?
Hi there Bonnie. There are many things to do, getting your house ready is key but also finding a Realtor who can market your home to attract the highest number of buyers is essential in todays market. Multiple offers would be an ideal situation and if your home is in alignment it will sell.
Beware of the old way, put on MLS sign in the yard and fingers crossed. It takes a lot more to sell a home in todays market .
It is a good idea to interview 3 or more agents to determine which has the best marketing plan for your home.
If you would like to see what we can offer you I would be happy to meet with you.Please feel free to contact me at the e mail address below. We have an office in Palm Springs with 60 agents who work with buyers looking for homes in La Quinta
Kind Regards
Michael Barron
Realtor/MBA
First Team Real Estate
(714) 552-6817
michael-barron@sbcglobal.net

The # 1 Selling Independent Real Estate Company in CA
Hi Bonnie:

One of the first steps toward the sale of your home is to find out what the current market value of your home is. By comparing your home to other homes that are currently on the market or homes that have recently sold in your area of La Quinta, it is possible to come up with a price that represents the current market value of your home.

From there you can decide if you need to make any changes to the current look of your home to increase it's value or you might decide to go ahead with the sale of your home.

Working with a licensed real estate professional is the next step many homeowners take in order to receive the guidance of a person who will represent you through all the stages of the sale from the listing of the home to the successful closing of the escrow process.

If you would like to discuss this in more detail or would like to begin the process of knowing what your home is worth, please contact me at the email address or phone number below.

Carolyn Voet, ePRO
Committed to Excellence
Windermere Real Estate
Indian Wells
760/774-6510 (cell)
http://www.carolynvoet.mywindermere.com
MailTo:cvoet@sonic.net
Clean you home, power wash the outside, curb appeal, box up everything you dont need clean out closets, remove furniture increase the size of space, take down pictures, name a few items
http://www.lynn911.com
Hi Bonnie!

The most important thing to do is to find a Real Estate Agent whom you feel comfortable with and who will approach the sale of your home with the best knowledge of today's Market as possible.

It is very wise to interview 3 different Agents and decide which one has the best knowledge as well as picking someone who works with Technology and thinks "outside the box" as far as marketing your property.

You also want someone who is going to be honest with you about the Marketing of your Home. You don't want someone who is just going to tell you what you want to hear to get the Listing. You want someone who is going to actually sell your home.

I would love to discuss this with you if that is what you want.

Michele M Mayer
Windermere Real Estate
Rancho Mirage, California
760-835-5391
mmayer@windermere.com
http://www.MicheleMayer.mywindermere.com
Hi Bonnie,
You should research what firms are high producing in your area. Those firms will have the best support networks, marketing base, and administrative support for their Realtors. This is most important in the current market. Once you've narrowed it down to a couple of firms, ask around and get some referrals of agents from your friends. You should interview several Realtors. Keep in mind that the busiest Realtor may not be the best Realtor right now. Customer service will be very important.

Catherine