Home Selling in Hillsdale>Question Details

Dr. Wallshein, Home Seller in Copake Lake, New York

I wish to advertise my upstate N.Y. house in the European market, who do I contact?

Asked by Dr. Wallshein, Copake Lake, New York Mon May 12, 2008

Help the community by answering this question:


If your listing agent has a presecence with REALTOR.com they also have an international site that your property will be advertised on
Web Reference: http://www.REALTOR.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon May 12, 2008
Its an interesting question. We've seen international interest grow on our website to roughly 5% of use coming from outside the US. Its primarily search engine traffic, which tells me that there's some level of interest. But of the half dozen Europeon sales that we've had this year, all have come from direct referrals. So, my advice would be similar to the other responses, find a Realtor with experience selling abroad and whose website has Europeon traffic.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon May 12, 2008
Although I think Gail's answer is great I am wondering why not have your real estate agent advertise the property online? There are many directories, blogs, and other web resources where you can list your home. If there is anything else I can do feel free to ask.
Web Reference: http://www.holliboyd.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon May 12, 2008
Is your Realtor a CIPS - Certified International Property Specialist? As a CIPS, we have access to WorldProperties.com and the directory of CIPS Members throughout the world.

Ask your Realtor to inquire about it.
Web Reference: http://GailGladstone.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon May 12, 2008
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer