Home Selling in 92672>Question Details

sam, Home Buyer in Ashland, OR

I will be selling my house in California. I know I have to pay capital gains on the sale. I heard that if

Asked by sam, Ashland, OR Sun Aug 30, 2009

you are leaving California and planning on not returning there will be another tax of about 3%. If this is true are their any legal ways to avoid this tax. Thank you

Help the community by answering this question:


Connie Bramble 714-337-8718’s answer
Hi Sam,
You must have been filing you income tax from Oregon the last 3 of five years so you know you pay capital gains. I myself have never heard of the 3% additional tax you are speaking of. I just left a message for the best tax CPA I know to find that answer as I surely want to know! I will post my findings when I get them.
Thanks for the great question!
Connie Bramble
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 30, 2009
Hi Sam,

I would highly reccomend that you talk to an accountant . We as Realtors are experts at listing and selling homes. Accountants/Attorneys will give you the best advice in these areas.

Amy Mosley
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 30, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2014 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer