Question Details

Candace Thom…, Home Seller in La Grande, OR

I was wondering was key words to use, i.e., “buzz words” that help potential buyers want to see your home. Thanks so much for your input.

Asked by Candace Thompson, La Grande, OR Sat Jul 20, 2013

Answers

2
Before I give my Clients a list of potential homes to view; I ask them for the necessary/desirable parameters, and try to evoke their importance; the priorities.
We could end up with a 3/2, Open Floor plan, Built after 1999, 2700 sqft, 2 car garage, no pool, (for example).
I send them all the Listing that match these parameters.
Notice that "lovely", "cozy", "charming", "spacious", "gourmet", etc, are not among their priorities.
Not having seen the house yet; the emotional factor does not exist.
In fact; by keeping this on a logical, reasonable level, I am eliminating the visitors who want to get ideas about remodeling their own house.
I certaining do use adjectives in my Listings, but "gourmet" cannot describe a kitchen that hasn't been updated since 1973.
And anyone who exaggerates the descriptions in the Listing, does so at their own peril.
Thank you, Ron. We were one of the millions that were forced to buy high by moving into a very small community that had only 70 homes for sale. None of which were single story but this one and that is what we required. We want only to get a portion of what we put into the home out of it. It's not that we don't want to use a realtor, it's that we cannot afford to do so at this time. We have been forced into an early retirement due to health and must move closer to our physcians. We NEED to recoup some of the purchase price and have put thousands into making this a very nice home for a young family or a retired couple. I so appreciate your comments and think it was very selfless of you to give positive advice. 5 photos can't really tell the story, but I am grateful for this site. Sincerely, Candace T.
Flag Sat Jul 20, 2013
Candace! The only thing that will attract buyers is pricing your home correctly. Chances are, since you're trying to sell yourself, you're not going to price it so that it will sell. Most likely, if you ever honestly get serious about selling your home, you'll contact a local, licensed, board affiliated Realtor(R). 'Til then, enjoy your summer!
Web Reference: http://kribzoo.com
I am serious about selling my home and have not only researched how to do so, but have had an independent appraiser give us the price he felt was fair. I would work with any buyer's agent, and if it weren't for a medical necessity, and the need to recoup some of what we have paid for this home and invested into it, we would use an agent to sell it from the beginning. Thank you for your input, and advice.
Flag Sat Jul 20, 2013