Home Selling in 76112>Question Details

Darren, Home Seller in 76112

I was willed a home that is paid for. I need to sell it fast. But trying to find a probate attorney. Can I start trying to sell b4 its in my name?

Asked by Darren, 76112 Fri Oct 14, 2011

I live an hour away from the home, I am broke and I don't have time to spend sitting the house.

Help the community by answering this question:


Bruce Lynn’s answer

If there is a will and it is uncontested, the initial probate process can happen pretty fast.
Call me and we can get you hooked up with an attorney.
Even if you are the executor of the will, you need the court to appoint you as the executor, before
you can sign the listing agreement.
We can get you up and running normally the same day or day after, once that happens.
In the meantime I would like to see the house, so we can be ready when you are.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 14, 2011
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Hey Darren sorry for your loss. Let me assure you the process can be made much easier than most people make it. I currently buy 2-3 probate properties a month and have all the possible solutions and answers you need to get it done smoothly. I can refer you to good loyal attorneys and title co.

I can be reached at 682-556-5821 at anytime of the day. I'm an active buyer and I enjoy helping those who need help with their real estate transactions. Give me a call would love to help you out and refer you in the right direction.

Mujah Vernon
VFP Real Estate Solutions LLC

1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 14, 2011

Listing the house isn't the issue. The house will need to be in your name so when you do get a buyer the title work can be done. As others have said, you want to be up front when you list the property so prospective buyers understand there could be a delay in transferring title until the probate is done.

If you need any further information you can contact me at 817-920-7700.

Thank you,
John Reaves
Keller Williams Realty
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 14, 2011
Going through this recently myself I can tell you that you need to begin the probate process because it can take up to 90 days or more. The title company will also need heirship affidavits and a search has to be completed for all possible heirs etc. If there is an accetable Will in place it should make it easier. It is also easier to have an attorney in the county which the person lived.

I have sold homes that were in a probate situation and also have a title company closer who is experienced with such. If you have further questions feel free to give me a call or send me an email.

Sorry for your loss...

Mindy Lowry, RE/MAX Heritage 682-559-1246 cell
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 14, 2011
Call a Title company to help you. When you are ready to sell let me know, we pay cash and close in 2 weeks.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 14, 2011
Dear Darren,

You do need to consult with two or more professionals to handle your case. I will be happy to help you with the Real Estate side of the transaction, since I am a Realtor who works in your Zipcode, and not someone trying to answer this question from out of state. You need to be dealing with someone who knows the local laws. I have 31 years of experience right here in this county.

You will need to hire a lawyer to probate the Will. I can guide you in the right direction. If you are not the executor of the Will, then you cannot sign the documents. But we can discuss the details when we get together. I will help you "appraise" the property and try to get you the best possible price for it. However, if you are in a hurry "to sell it fast", then you will probably want to lower the asking price in order to make that happen.

Please call me to set up an appointment. Our consultaions are free.

Rick DeVoss

---The Michael Group

1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 14, 2011
Call a Title Company - like Alamo Title. Ask if the Attorney that works in their office can expedite the selling of the home. Since "taking title" is the most essential piece that needs to be established, the attorney at the Title Office may have a connection to help you.

Best wishes!


ps Sorry for your loss
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 14, 2011
you definitely need to get with an attorney first... However i dont see any issue listing it and fully disclosing that the house is in Probate and that it could be a month or two before title is clear.. I have seen it done before... Also if you looking to save money.. My brokerage offers a reduced commission plan that definitely helps out buyers..

RJ Avery
Web Reference: http://www.findapadfast.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 14, 2011
Find an attorney first to handle the estate matters, thereafter interview in person a few local agents from different realty companies, then choose the one you like best and who has the most to offer; choose your agent with care.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 14, 2011
Look no further Darren. I Buy Houses, as-is, fast, cash, any condition, no costs to you and quick close. Yes you can market it now but you will have to go thru the probate process and get approval to sell first before you can close. I can also put you in touch with a Probate Attorney as well. Come visit us.

0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 19, 2011
I live maybe 15 minutes from the Meadowbrook area in 76112. You can market the home, but of course it would legally have to be in your name to sell. If you like, I can send you some comp's and help you get started on a sell price if you haven't already.
Brad Roberts
Fidelity 1st Real Estate
Licensed Texas Realtor
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 15, 2011
I am not a Realtor from your area, but I strongly suggest to connect with two area experts
a) a local probate attorney (make sure you do know the cost up front and any potential later
fees!!!!!) .... You will find out when you can put the home on the market etc.

b) then connect with a local Realtor who can help you price the property right in that market, so that it gets
sold quickly ////

Good Luck to you!
Edith YourRealtor4Life and Chicago and Northern Illinois expert
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 15, 2011
Hello Darren,

Sorry for your loss. I would be more than happy to assist you in this transaction at your earliest convenience. I can begin by referring you to a good probate attorney, and getting the process started for selling the property. Give me a call as soon as you are ready.

Andrea McIntosh, Agent
Great Real Estate Inc.
(817) 845-9990 phone
(817) 535-8857 fax
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 14, 2011
I can help you . Let's meet at the house ( if it's inTexas - DFW area ) and talk about your concerns.

Cynthia Henry,Broker,SFR,TAHS
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 14, 2011
The person whose name on title needs to executed the sales agreement.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 14, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer