Question Details

Jude, Home Seller in Lady Lake, FL

I want to withdraw my listing. The Broker refused to sign the withdrawal unless paid in full. I can only pay a little each month. Can they do this?

Asked by Jude, Lady Lake, FL Sat Apr 28, 2012

They also will not let me change the original agreement. Can they do this? Am I obligated to pay the commission if they won't let me make any changes? I really want to keep my home.

Help the community by answering this question:


It depends on how the listing agreement was written. Most reputable brokers offer "easy exist" listing agreement if seller is not happy with the service received.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 28, 2012
The contract that you signed is most likely a legally binding document. If you agreed to pay the broker then chances are you are liable to make those payments.

Talk to an attorney to determine what is your best course. It's possible that a letter from an attorney will cause them to be more flexible when it comes to your contract.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 28, 2012
This is a legal question, and therefore best answered by a lawyer. Sorry for your troubles.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 28, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2014 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer