Home Selling in Altadena>Question Details

Daniella, Home Owner in Altadena, CA

I want to sell my investment propery, what should I do?

Asked by Daniella, Altadena, CA Thu Apr 28, 2011

The investment propery was my primary house 3 years ago, I know that If I do not sell it in 2011, I will need to pay the taxes.

Answers

6
Hello Daniella,

Your first step should be to interview local Realtors who have sold homes in your neighborhood. All prospective Realtors should bring with them a Comparitive Market Analysis (CMA) and a Net Sheet.
The CMA will allow you to see exactly what all comparative homes in your neighborhood are currently
selling for. The Net Sheet will allow for you to see what your approximate costs will be and most
importantly your approximate take home after all debts have been paid off regarding the sale. Once you have located a Realtor that you feel comfortable and confident will get your home sold then you will be able to enter into an agreement for them to sell your home. I hope this helps to answer your questions. If I may be of help referring you to a local Realtor please feel free to send me an email or contact me at (626)221-8252.

Warmest regards,

Matt
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 28, 2011
If you would like to sell, consider inviting a few local agents from different realty companies and ask for a CMA, comparative market analysis, review the data, ask opinions, and go from there..
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 28, 2011
Well, you'd better get going if you're going to sell it this year! But if it's a rental, you might be able to do an 1031 exchange in the future if you want to stay in the rental market. Best, Terry Bell, Realtor, Sonoma County Wine Country
Please email me and I will walk you through the process. Altadena/Pasadena/LaCanada are my specialty areas.

Gilda Anderson, GRI
Realtor, Notary Public
Podley Properties
gilda.anderson@podley.com
Does your property have any delinquent taxes on it? if so, then you still might have a few options (even if you don't have enough to handle on your own).
Keep it! Pay the taxes and rent it out.

Rental rates are on the increase and will be far into the future.
Web Reference: http://www.golftobeach.com