Home Selling in Atlanta>Question Details

Susan Horton, Home Seller in Wethersfield, CT

I want to sell my house on Trulia

Asked by Susan Horton, Wethersfield, CT Sun May 6, 2012

Answers

8
Hello Susan,

As Tim noted, you can sell your house through a realtor on Trulia.com, but not as an owner.

That said, please consider that only 10% of homes sold in 2011 were sold by owners.
Sadly, houses sold by owners sold at $65,000 less per house (160K vs. 215K).

This is because owners are not professionally trained to price and market the property (not enough exposure - in comparison to MLS alone, plus other expensive sites realtors advertise their listings on, and we are talking thousands of dollars in advertising, monthly).

Also, FSBOs are a good target for lowballers (often, investors) - who have scripts prepared to catch a FSBO deal...Potential liability of not knowing what to disclose, or how to protect yourself as an owner...

However, if you want to at least try - check out blogging, fsbo sites, UTube for videos on your home and community. Staging the house will help as well, but huge exposure is truly the key in selling your house...

Best of luck,

Irina Karan
Beachfront Realty, Inc.
IrinaKaran@gmail.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 8, 2012
How long does it take for an agent to contact me after filling out the "How Much is my Home Worth" page on your web-site?
Should not take long if they are motivated, let me know if someone didn't reach out and I will personally put you in touch with an EXIT agent who is in your area.
Spencer Fortwengler, Realtor
EXIT Realty
Spencer.Exithomesfor.com
Flag Sat Mar 5, 2016
Susan posted this question on May 6, 2012.
One could reach the conclusion that in the following 18 months, she figured it out.
Irina, good suggestions.

Best of success
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associated
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
727.420.4041
Move to the Front of the Line
(http://FirstLookHomes.us)
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 1, 2013
Sell your house to private investors and save money on the agent's fee. Private investors have cash on hand so you are guaranteed to have a quick sale.

-----
Lucas Properties
http://www.distressed-property-solution.com
We buy houses, lands, & commercial buildings with cash.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 1, 2013
I want to sell my two homes in Grand Rapids,mi 49507
Hello Susan,

You may be able to create a postlets.com account that will allow you to build an attractive (and free) webpage for your home. Once created, postlets will syndicate your listing onto several real estate websites, including Trulia.

I'm not sure if your home is in Atlanta GA or Wethersfield CT, but you may want to at least meet with 1 or 2 agents to get an understanding of your local real estate market. If homes are selling quickly, you could try to list it by yourself, but I would highly recommend working with a local agent. Marketing a home in today's market so much more than putting a sign in the front yard (or on Trulia :). You have to consider staging, strategies to create a sense of buyer urgency, internet exposure, virtual tours, social media, the list goes on and on!

If you are in the Atlanta area, I would love to help. Please call anytime at 404.432.1844 or visit my website to seee how we market our current listings...
Web Reference: http://www.NestAtlanta.com
Are you looking to sell your home in CT?
You would need to have it listed for sale by a Realtor, then it can be listed here but Trulia is a toll used by Realtors to sell homes. Good luck.