Home Selling in Maywood>Question Details

Jt, Home Seller in Maywood, CA

I want to sell my house in west suburbs of chicago, 1-2 years taxes are overdue, the house is occupied and in

Asked by Jt, Maywood, CA Sat Jun 7, 2008

good condition. I want to sell as is. What plan should i take?

Help the community by answering this question:


Well, if you are 2 years behind on your property taxes chances are there is a tax lien on your property and that lien will need to be paid before you can sell your home. As for selling your home "as-is", that's fine, but it has nothing to do with your taxes. When you sell a home "as-is" all you are saying is that you will not make any repairs or give any warranties in regards to the physical aspects of the home. You will still need to fill out disclosures and disclose any issues that you are aware of. If you were to lie on these disclosures you would then potentially expose yourself to a lawsuit.
2 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 7, 2008
Scott ease off, that is why anyone selling by owner should contact a real estate attorney that will help keep them compliant with the law for a fraction of what a real estate agent will charge. money well spent. it sounds like jt should contact a few companies that buy houses in the area. if you can't get the price you want then list through a real estate agent. home buyers can offer you many solutions and offer quick solutions.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 20, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer