Carolina Maz…, Home Seller in Miami, FL

I want to sell my house (For Sale By Owner) using a MSL service.

Asked by Carolina Mazza, Miami, FL Wed Oct 1, 2008

Can you advice a reputable service that supposedly put this property in a MSL list.

Carolina, if you don't know what the service is called, I'm not sure you're a good candidate to go FSBO.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Feb 8, 2009
Good morning,
It all depends the service you expect, the time frame, and most important the hidden fees. Watch for them. If I can be of any help, give a call at your convenience.
Manuel Uribe
You're probably better off selling to an investor because once you get it listed there is know telling when it will sell.
Carolina, be careful if you do this. For Sale by Owner is NOT on the MLS, you still have to pay the commission to the agent who brings the buyer as others have mentioned. For example, normally you pay 6%, the person listing your house offers 3% to the buyers agent. If you go the route you want to, the most you will save is 3%....However..I called somebody the other day whose house was listed this way..it was in the wrong city and had no photos and no description and they were wondering way it had sat on the market for 3 months without a single call...so make sure you see how they list it for you. Good realtors will market your house properly for you, make sure it is priced correctly and handle negotiations.. which may result in your house selling faster and you saving money in the long run.
If you plan to do all this alone, I strongly suggest you do alot of research.
What you are referring to is something called a flat fee listing that cost upfront money or you can come up with a exclusive contract where the agent only gets a set fee if the property closes. If you don't feel like you are getting any results have clause that gives you an out of the agent isn't doing their job.

We can put you in touch with one of those agents.
We offer such a service. Hybrid-MLS.com is what we have named it. As the seller, you would show the property and answer all calls from prospective agents and buyers.

The details can be found in the below link. Our plan does work!
Web Reference: http://www.Hybrid-MLS.com
It is not For sale by owner if it is in the MLS, The MLS is run by Realtors and you must pay the Realtor that brings the buyer.
Hi Caroline,
I sold my home on the MLS. I was browsing the internet and came across http://www.fidelityflatfee.com. I decided to sign up with them and sold my home in just 6 weeks. There website was easy to use and they were lower in there price. The staff was friendly and was very helpful. I would recommend checking these guys out.
Hello Carolina,

Listen to my colleagues. Though it sounds like the most logical and easiest thought out solution for various reasons selling your home is a huge undertaking and involves more than you may have planned for. A professional Realtor can help you with what works best and what doesn't work so well when selling your home by providing an objective fair analysis of your property, make recommendations to enhance its salability, increase your market exposure, help with advertising by featuring it on websites that attracts serious and qualified buyers and much more!

But hey why not try it yourself first. I have a Do It Yourself CD that gives helpful tips on how to sell your home. Send me a personal email with your contact information and I'll send it to you free of charge. In the end if your unsuccessful with the sale of your home you'll be more confident with a Realtor getting the job done.

Please contact me for a free consultation. Thank you.

Andre’ Shambley
Luxury Home Specialist
Office: 305-931-8920 ext 245
Mobile: 305-788-6643
Fax: 305-931-9853

"Given the degree of exposure I can provide, if I can't sell your home...no one can!"

2822 NE 187 Street
Aventura, FL 33180

Interested in buying, selling or renting a condo, townhome or house, visit me at: http://www.Keyes.com/Andre.Shambley

Ready to refinance for a better rate, visit: http://www.JShambley.ApexLending.com
Remember the old saying you get what you pay for. you can use a discount broker, they will put your home in mls, however for what you are paying for a discount or hoping to save you are losing in time and potential sales price. For a little more you can get the full service of a realtor who will be able to sell your home quicker and at the best obtainable price. the hogher price will all but pay for itself in the higher sales price itself. there is more to selling a home than putting it in mls, there are prequalifying the buyers with todays ever changing requirements, are you prepared to do that beofre you let them in yoru home. then there are the state and federal disclosures that will follow you forever after the sale has come and gone. there is negotiating the bets price, many buyers will not or do not want to negotiate direct with an owner as the owner puts empotion in the equation which is often a deal killer. then the inspections and the renegotiation if they find anything. then there are the legal fees you will have to pay to close. save time and money by using a full service broker, if you need a referal in your area, just send me an email. good luck with the sale
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
There are many different firms that provide such a servicde that you are seeking. I started one a few years ago and when the market was hot- everything was selling. Our plan does work! Not only does your property appear on the MLS- the same way other "full-service" listing appear.

We also post your property to other real estate sites that attract thousands of visitors daily. Of course, ANY property that is listed on the MLS- MUST offer compensation to the SELLING agency. The typical commission on the sell side is 3%- I suggest that whatever you decide to do- PRICE is what will attract a buyer!

The link to Hybrid-MLS is below- check it out!
I am sure you can find a flat fee MLS broker in Google.
My question is WHY?

You think you can save the commission and sell it in the MLS, right?
So, you are paying a fee to put it in the MLS, paying a buyer's agent commission, so you are hoping to save how many percent? 2? 2.5%? 3%?

Go ahead and give it a try. Just know this in advance:
In MY MLS MLS entry only brokers and discount brokers have the following track record:
1. their listings FAIL TO SELL 150% more often
2. Their listings, when sold, sell for 2-3% LESS than those sold by full service Realtors
3. They take longer to sell

So if you don't really need to sell, have time to kill and money to burn, I say go for it.

However, if you really need to sell:
1. Interview three Realtors
2. Compare their proposals
3. You make the call. If you need a back up plan you have someone to call.

FYI the market is going DOWN> So time is not on your side. I do not recommend that you experiment.

If you need a referral of a top agent in your area, I would be honored to assist you.
Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA
Dear Ms. Mazza,

Selling on your own might be a good idea in a sellers market, but in this market you need all the help you can get. You need a top company like Coldwell Banker, you need a professional, you need a marketing plan that will give you the most qualified buyers, and you need a ton of luck obtaining financing. Fortunately, things are changing and for the first time, sales have risen in Miami for the last two months. The negative is the inventory and the amount of foreclosures and short-sale affecting the prices. But with all this information, I want to ask you a question if you don't mind. If you found a diamond on the street and you decided to sell it. How do you think you will get the most money for the diamond. Approaching people on the street. Try to convince someone to buy a diamond off the street, you will probably get less than half of the real value. Now, hire a diamond dealer, someone that knows the business and let that dealer get the most money for the diamond. Well, selling a house is almost the same. According to the NAR homes listed by a Realtor, sells on average 16% higher than those that chose not to hire a professional. So who do you think will get you the most for your house. I hope you agree with me. For more information and local market updates, I invite you to my website http://www.ForSaleAgent.com. Thank you and good luck.
Web Reference: http://www.forsaleagent.com