ftrev68, Both Buyer and Seller in 77083

I want to sell my home without having to make any repairs like a new roof and painting. Should we sell it cheap to get out quicker?

Asked by ftrev68, 77083 Tue Nov 19, 2013

Answers

18
The correct term is for sale "AS DISCLOSED" providing you disclose ALL known facts about the home, and price it in accord to it's current condition, you maybe in position for a quick sale.

Remember, if the home is in disrepair, it may not qualify for FHA loan funding.

if the condition is too bad, you will need a CASH buyer.

Best of luck to you!
Kawain Payne, Realtor
Seal Beach Ca
There seems to be no other option - selling "as-is" - knowing that costly repairs are needed is the only way to go. Best to disclose all known defects in writing too.
Not should you but you will HAVE to if you want to sell it without repairs. A good listing agent can assess what the home is worth and deduct for the work needed. The one thing to note is if the home is in poor condition, buyers may not be able to get a mortgage and that leaves cash buyers who will want to pay even less.
Yes, sell your home below market value if you have major repairs that you don't want to pay for.
It would be a bad idea to sell your home without making repairs. You would be losing out on a lot of money by not making the repairs. My suggestion is get several contracts to look out the house and give you estimates. Once you get the estimates find a way to get the money for repairs and get the job done. There are plenty of contractors that can do repairs quickly. Once its in the best possible shape sell it for top dollar. Your in a Seller's market and you can sale quickly. Pay back the cost for repairs if you had to borrow money,you will have some money in your pocket, and live happily ever after the end.
Melissa,

You may also want to consider doing an auction on your property. It can be sold as is, where is. You bring all interested parties to the location at the same time, creating competition. This is particularly effective with properties that are in need of repair.

My husband and I are a team and he happens to be a license agent as well as a licensed Texas Auctioneer.

If you would like more information, please feel free to contact me anytime.

Trisha Hope
The Hope Team
Logos Real Estate and Investment
ClearLakeLivin.com
thope1023@gmail.com
832-285-2288
Pricing your property below average for your neighborhood will help you get the maximum interested buyers in your property, and in your case it would be worthwhile to state up front that you are not willing to make any repairs - so that the buyers understand this before submitting their offers.

I'd be happy to send you a market update for your neighborhood if you're interested, just email me at melissafontenot@kw.com.

Best of Luck in Home Sale!
There are plenty of investors willing to pay cash and close quick. Most owner occupied buyers are not willing to spend a lot on repairs, especially expensive items like a roof. It is also difficult to pass an FHA inspection with major deficiencies and many insurance companies won't provide coverage either.
One of the most important elements in getting your home sold in a timely fashion is pricing it correctly. As an experienced Realtor who is familiar with your area, we will consider every factor and give you the best advice on how to price your home. Together, we will set a price that will maximize your net return.

For more information on how I can help you price your home correctly, call me today.

Robert Kandiyoti
RE/MAX Real Estate Associates
robertk@remax.net
I recommend that you have a professional inspector check the major areas of the house. A pre-listing inspection of the roof, plumbing, electrical, foundation, air condition, and termites can be done for less than $300. This will give you a really good idea of problem areas and the benefit of repairing problems versus discounting the sales price. The inspection, along with the seller's disclosure, helps to let potential buyers know the condition of the house before scheduling an appointment. A qualified REALTOR® can help you with this evaluation. Don't give away money when you don't need to. Do the right thing that maximizes your net proceeds. You can find inspection companies on line. One company that I have used for pre-listing inspections is Inspector Team they can be contacted at (281) 484-8318.

I would be happy to assist you with the marketing of your house. You can contact me at:
(713) 455-9166
or by email at hspersky@gmail.com
I would love to take a look at your property and see if our company would be interested in purchasing "as-is", cash!- thanks, Jan.- Sales@visnova.us
You need a comparable market analysis for similar properties in your area.
Flag Tue Nov 19, 2013
The discount needed to overcome the buyer objection, may be more of a discount than than one would actually want to give up.

Have three Realtors visit your property with their Re modeler to get better numbers on Value of the home with or without the repairs and the costs of the repairs.
Contact a Realtor to get a Comparable Market Analysis for similar properties in the same condition, for an idea on how much to list the property. Also, take a look at your objectives for selling the home 1) Time frame. 2) Financial situation etc.
"Cheap" is a relative term. Should you offer it below market value for similar properties that are in better shape? If the necessary repairs are major (roof, foundation, plumbing, etc.), I would. There are plenty of investors willing to pay cash and close in a couple of weeks (just sold two properties that way). FYI ... the terms of sale are, "as-is, where-is, with all faults." That's pretty self-explanatory.

Should the issues be cosmetic, you might want to invest a little time and effort ... it could well be worth your while.

I'd like to know a little more about the property, as I have several investors who are ready and financially able to move forward quickly. My contact information is below.

Regards ...

Al Geffon
Trend Setter Realty
(713) 213-6360
al@geffon.net
Web Reference: http://www.har.com/algeffon
That is always an option. If the lower price appeals to those buyers looking for a bargain and feel the repairs can be put off for awhile, they might make an offer. However, more often the homes that are in tip-top shape get the most attention and the higher prices. Some of the repairs could pay for themselves and get your home sold quicker.

Depending on the price range, some of the repairs might be required if the loan is FHA or VA and the homes condition does not meet their requirements.

You might want to visit with a Realtor like me that work with many sellers and buyers and can discuss your options, discuss closing cost and what your bottom line would be depending on which direction you want to go. If you do make repairs, you will have time before the busy season starts in mid-February. Let us know if you would like to meet.

Mark McNitt
m 832-567-4357
Bernstein Realty, Inc.
It depends. I would consider having it inspected first to assess what the issues are, then look at the area comps to know where you stand. I can assist you. I'm a licensed Broker and property inspector. Although I cannot represent you both ways, I can offer more information than the average agent or inspector. Call me.

G. Tyrone Johnson
Johnson Realty & Inspection
Lic. # 8494
832-379-5800
http://www.johnsonrealtyinspection.com
The setting of a price to sell your home is one of the critical components to the sale, but it isn't everything. You must also consider the exposure that will be brought by your Realtor. It is important to not overprice a home because the most exposure that you will receive is the first month after listing the house. If it is overpriced, other agents will use it to justify the value in lesser priced but comparable home in your market. Underpricing a home is giving away money, but may be necessary if timing is more important that receiving fair value. In today's market, there is a shortage of home inventory and homes that are priced correctly, are selling. I would be happy to sit down with you and do a Comparative Market Analysis on your home so that the right price can be established and you don't have to sell it on the cheap just to sell quickly.
With best regards,
Chris Cantele
RE/MAX Realty Center
The Pye Team
281-413-3207
Absolutely! I have several investors that will give you a fair price for your home as is. Please contact me and I will give you an estimated value for your home. Talk to you soon!

Diane Schrakamp
Total Real Estate Services
832-620-6304
Dschrakamp@gmail.com