acummings11, Home Buyer in Stone Mountain, GA

I want to sell my home in Stone Mountain-Decatur. Can't keep it. So Trulia, What are my options and what should I do first?

Asked by acummings11, Stone Mountain, GA Fri Jun 1, 2012

4/2 split foyer screened deck with two kitchens

Answers

11
Hello Homeowner,

I would very much like to set an appointment to discuss the sale of your home. I have been in the Realtor for 18 year and work and live in Stone Mountain. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience.

Joyce W. Turner, GRI, REOS & Associate Broker
2012 President, DeKalb Women's Council of Realtors
2012 DeKalb Association of Realtors Executive Committee
2012 DeKalb Association of Realtors Board of Directors
The Faith & Joyce Team
Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Metro Brokers
4073 LaVista Road, Stuite 373
Atlanta, GA 30084
(770) 855-9746 cell
(404) 843-2500 office
(770) 491-1888 fax
joyce.turner@metrobroker.com
joycewturner@gmail.com
http://agents.metrobrokers.com/joyce.turner
"Team Work make Dreams Work"
So you need an agent who can really sort out your problem within no time. Just try to find a local agent and put your conditions and rates, it's then his headache to find a good buyer for your home.
(http://www.gtoptions.com/)
We are investors/contractor licensed to do business in the area and seeking deals. Currently bought another foreclosure in stone mountain that we are upgrading. The thought occurred to me that we have the resources and contacts to take care of something like this. some kind of partnership arrangement might benefit us both. We could take care of fixing it. Then sell or rent it and divide the proceeds. A "win" "win" situation.
I would be more than happy to discuss your options with you.
Feel free to contact me directly. Thanks
anne, you can contact me at vjholdings@yahoo.com. I am very familiar with dekalb county and just saved a home from foreclosure in stone mountain this week .. Even if youre upside down, there are ways of working things out .. Be very happy to discuss with you ..
Thanks for all your responses. Let me respond to some of your questions. I can't keep it, and do not want to. This was my first house, but it was the wrong house for me. It was nicely updated, but some things were "covered up". The systematic repairs are too much for my income and borrowing ability. But a seasoned homeowner with some money to invest would probably sail through these repairs with no concern. Yes, I owe more than it's worth. No equity at all. But that's almost everyone .. right? I did notice that all the homes for sale in my neighborhood have been sold.

I am not opposed to being a landlord but I would still need to make the repairs to rent it out successfully. It's a great house for a family, especially a family with older kids or a parent who wants a separate space downstairs. The two car garage is still intact, it's not converted. Have two driveways, and house sits on a hill, a corner lot.

My house needs rescuing from ME ...LOL

Thanks for your advice, I will research all options.
You have many options ..By selling conventionally you will reach a maximum of 36% of potential buyers. There are a myriad of ways to structure a sale to first time buyers and investors. The most common involves a lease purchase option. There are many factors that i would be happy to discuss with you: are you upside down on your property ? (mortgage higher than market value) Does the fair market value of rent exceed your current PITI ? Do you want to be a landlord, or is that thought repugnant ? Two kitchens in a split entry house sounds like the house was "remodeled" to be an income property on the bottom of house. If the garage was converted to living space, you have a non-conforming home and have created a lot of problems for yourself ..
Tim is on the money...talk with a few Realtors in the area to find out the value of your home and discuss your needs with them openly and bluntly.....ask them how they woud set out to achieve your goals within a specific timeframe...listen intently then go with your gut when you hire one.

Chuck
Consult with a Realtor to assist you with the marketing and sell of your home. A realtor can be able to advise you on your different options including a short sale. Feel free to contact me directly as i would like to assist you further.
Web Reference: http://www.LaquitaBaez.com
Based on the simple comment from the poster I am not sure why Erica assumes a short sale is needed or that the poster is in some sort of hurry. Maybe I am missing something.

To sell your home you need to get an idea what it should sell for in your current market. I would contact a couple agents to come and give you an idea what it should sell for and what you might net on the sale. If it will not sell for enough to pay off the loan and the closing costs, then other options will need to be discussed.