Home Selling in Gresham>Question Details

Ctd, Home Seller in 97030

I want to sell my home in Gresham, Oregon. There are a half dozen realty agents in my area and I'm sure all

Asked by Ctd, 97030 Thu Mar 6, 2008

of them would do a good job. Now do I make a half dozen phone calls to find the best rate or is it pretty much the same with all of them.

Answers

16
Chris Courtney’s answer
Hi CTD....consider selling with HouseNow.com with an audience both local, and over state lines. We can provide you an preliminary appraisal that considers what an appraiser may value your property at for loan purposes, then consider marketing advantage and marketing time. Regards, Chris@HouseNow.com

http://www.HouseNow.com
Search Real Estate
Single Family - Multiple Family - Bare Land
Web Reference: http://www.HouseNow.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 18, 2008
Kathy Lamorille with Windermere is awesome! We are on our third real estate transaction and she has been the best we have seen by far.
You probably already picked an agent, but if not Charles and Keith are right - check referrals.
The important thing when choosing an agent is asking them where they spend your $$. I would choose an agent who is willing to pay for staging & professional photography. This may be hard to comeby..... I use it for all my listings in NE because it SELLS the house.

Unfortunately you'll have to interview. Finding an agent is kind of like dating....you have to see what works and what doesn't. And so do the agents, it's an interview for them as well.

I wish you the best of luck and if you have any questions about how staging sells... I'd be happy to explain.

Wendy Boso
John L. Scott-NE
971.221.3387
If you would like me to refer you to an agent in your area and find you a good rate, then please let me know.
Thank you!
Have a great day!

Selena McNeill, Broker
Century 21 Gold Country Realty
376 SW Bluff Drive, Suite 8
Bend, OR 97702
541-390-0595 Cell
selenamcneill@yahoo.com
Licensed in the state of Oregon.
If you would like an interview I would love to be one of the agents you interview. I have a web site you can go to to see the tools that will be working for you. The marketing that I do goes to google, yahoo, oodle, oogle, trulia, Vast, geebo, ols, dothomes, realtor.com, rmls, craigslist , junelizotte.com and others. You'll have mapping with house specific satallite detail, color flyers, neighborhood mailers, great signage, directionals and more. I lived in and worked in Gresham ( do you know the William and Sons Jewelers?) and I know the Gresham area very well. I would be honored to meet with you to discuss the listing of your home. If you provide your address and contact information (email) I can set up a couple of the free internet based tools I use to help sellers understand the most recent 3 year trend showing their home and surrounding area, as well as a Property Investment Profile (PIP) which will show you which homes are on the market and for how much and how long, which ones went pending, which ones sold and for how much and how long it took, and other market data. These free reports are so useful for those preparing to sell as well as for those who want to check trend data in an area they want to purchase. Let me know what you decide. jlizotte@prunw.com
Web Reference: http://www.junelizotte.com
Again, I won't ask you to call me. My ADVICE to you is that you INTERVIEW and ask good questions. Make sure you understand what you'll be paying the Realtor. Understand current market conditions and days on market. Make sure the Realtor you choose is someone you're comfortable with and trust. Then use your best judgement to pick the right one.

Good luck. Feel free to ask for any more advice.
First not all agents work the same or offer the same services. There are brokers out their with limited services. However. With our market you will find that alot of agents are willing to cut the commission due to the slow market we are having. I am a full service broker and would be happy to give you a free market evaluation of your home. We can then discuss my fee which I am quite sure you will be happy with. You dont want to lose services based on your broker taking a cut fee. I will not cut my services but will offer you a commission that would be fair to both of us.

Valerie Gillum, Broker
ERA Freeman & Associates Realtors
1685 East Powell Blvd
Gresham, Or 97030

Cell (503) 425-9885
office (503) 665-3144
keep the house
not a good time to sell

anyways

good luck
Why,I think you should call me!! I am a hardworking realtor that will give you an honest opinion on what your home can and will sell for and how long it will take...Linda Dayton,Windermere...503-701-1120 thankyou!!
Good Evening!

Interview,Interview, Interview ANY Agents that you are considering for the position of listing your home. We all have our own ways of doing things & some may better suit your needs/wants than others!

Happy Selling!

Chantelle Volk, Realtor
Windermere Realty Partners, Inc.
Ofc: 503-698-6600
Cel: 503-867-1652
Charles gave you some great advice. Also, make sure you're comfortable with the person you choose. Selling your house is, possibly, the largest financial decision you're going to make in your life. Find somebody you trust, can easily communicate with, and who is extremely accessible.
The six Realtors you mention could all charge you the exact same commission but will do six different things with your listing. Referrals and interviews are your strongest bet. Human nature says that people will tell you what you want to hear if at all possible. It is possible to say your $350,000 house is worth $400,000 just to get listing (called "buying the listing"). In our market, that's the kiss of death. It will sit on the market and sell for less than it should have once the agent comes asking for price reductions. Seller's aren't necessarily liking the pricing that we are coming up with but they are accepting the reality that the market is not what it was. Also beware if an agent says they can price your house on the first visit before they walk through the door. I could go on but I think you can see that no to Realtors are going to offer the same services so you better know what you are getting before you sign on the dotted line and the sign shows up in your yard.

Charles Turner, MBA, e-PRO, GRI
Prudential NW Properties
503-292-9393 (office)
503-526-2870 (efax)
503-936-7764 (mobile)
cturner@pru-nw.com
http://www.TurnerRealtors.com
Cid
Let me ask: If you were going to go to court for some reason, say, you were being sued for $250,000, would you hire an attorney out of the Yellow Pages or Google, or use another method?

Particularly in a buyer's market, you need a sharp Realtor that will help you determine your options, truthfully, and then execute flawlessly. Unless you've got time and money to throw away, I recommend interviewing some Realtors and selecting the best.

A good Realtor will help you net more or lose the least. We are not all equal, some are better than others.

Is commission your only criteria? Is your bottom line more important? If I would sell your home for free would you hire me?

I used to live in Portland (SE near Tigard). If you'd like a referral I've got one.
Good luck to you.
Keithq
Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA
Pick your agent like you pick your attorney or dentist. Ask your friends who they would recommend. Ignore the comment about mailing your keys to the bank. For all Mr. Gleason knows, you bought 25 years ago.

I hope you pick the best one for the job and not just the guy with the cheapest rate. Also if you do take your own advice and "make a half dozen phone calls to find the best rate" think about how that sounds when you are asking for the rate. Put that same phone call in the context of How much is that house over in Gresham? The agent who puts up the least fight is probably going to "put up the least fight"

Just food for thought. At least interview them in your home. And then go with the best looking one, because you need a standard and that is just as good as the one you already have......

Gary De Pury
Broker-Owner
Bay Vista Realty
Director, Florida Association of REALTORS
Gresham is a very depressed market. If you bought your home within the last 4 years, I doubt you'll be able to get what you paid for the house. It might be better to mail the keys to the bank and move on with your life.