Home Selling in Waltham>Question Details

Deird33, Home Seller in Waltham, MA

I want to sell a condo owned for only 13 months. Any advice?

Asked by Deird33, Waltham, MA Fri Nov 5, 2010

Bought for $339,000. Painted most of the unit. No real difference other than that from when it was bought.

Answers

4
If you can sell it FSBO you could maybe break even in this bad market. You have to consider closing costs and Realtor fees. Consider why you need to move vs. the loss you will take. Unless you got a really good deal in the first place, a good rule of thumb is that people see what the assessed value is and what you last paid for it. If you got the tax credit you may have to pay it back.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 6, 2010
It is a good idea to get my comparatives for this condo that you are wanting to sell. I would contact a local realtor as they would have all of the information your need. I would suggest that you wait until the market begins to move and the majority of the short sale and forclosures are sold. Did you buy in a short sale or forlcosure. If you are in distress that let a realtor assist you. It is usually best to stay in a home etc. for at least 5 years to be able to realize a profit. The best of luck to you!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 5, 2010
Hello, I apologize for being vague, but it depends. Where is your unit located in Waltham? As of today, there have been 22 condos sold in Waltham in the last 2 months, ranging from $160k to $535k. How many bedrooms and bathrooms do you have? Are there any special features to your condo that would set it apart from the rest of the condos on the market? Without additional information about your condo, it is tough to give you a sense of the value. For a hassle free comparative market analysis and market report, feel free to email me at greg@novelre.com. Best of luck to you.
Find a local realtor with experience in the community. Get them to do a Comparative Market Analysis to see what the unit is worth now.

They can also prepare a "Net Sheet" that will give you an indication of what you will walk away with after paying fees.

Gerry Dunn
Associate Broker
Serving MD, VA and D.C.
301-651-8600