Home Selling in Romeo>Question Details

Debbie, Home Seller in Romeo, MI

I want to pay the listing agent 2% and the selling agent 4%. I want to pay a bonus of $1,000 for a full price offer. Can I do that in Michigan?

Asked by Debbie, Romeo, MI Mon Jan 11, 2010

Answers

6
Hi Debbie,
It sounds like you are really motivated to sell your home by offering the buyers agent a bonus and a 4%commission. What you should keep in mind is that the selling agent is representing the BUYER. Why would you want to penalize the agent that is representing YOU as a seller? The listing agent's job is to look out for you, your best interests, and make sure you net the most money right? The selling agents job is to make sure the buyer gets the best deal? I would recommend you pay a fair commission to both and you can still offer the bonus of $1000 to the selling agent, even if that selling agent turns out to be the listing agent.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 11, 2010
The compensation you provide your Listing agent is negotiable. And yes, what you describe would be perfectly fine. You should discuss all "incentives" with your agent so to benefit from his/her experience. They may suggest other types of incentives that could result in a quick and satisfying Sale for you. Good luck with your marketing plans!
Debbie,

The fee for professional services is a negotiated item and could result in many different combination and is basically an agreement between the seller and the listing broker.

We would ask that you consider that your commission split, although well intended, may be flawed. If you would consider that the listing agent is financially responsible for all marketing expense, which could be hundreds or thousands of dollars, it hardly seems fair that the buyer who might have found the property through the lister's advertising would benefit from double the commision.

The Eckler Team
Debbie,

Yes, all commission structures are negotiable.

Good luck finding a broker/Realtor that would list the property for such a small amount.

Your listing agent is the one that puts out the money for the lockbox, sign, flyer's, marketing materials, advertising on real estate websites that charge monthly fees, perform open houses, call inquiring agents back at all hours of the day, open escrow, whew http://wwww..........and more.

Reverse the commission %. The listing agent deserves more respect for their hard work.

Best of luck!
Web Reference: http://kathyweberhomes.com
It is all based on your agreement with listing agent and their broker, You have nothing loss but to ask.

Good luck on your home !
Debbie - I'm not from Michigan, but I can tell you that all commissions are negotiable.

You may want to structure the commission in the manner you described above.....that's fine........now you just have to find a Realtor who will accept it!

Best wishes..........