Bfworker, Home Seller in 98682

I want to list my home, but i need help getting it ready. Will a realtor help me do this?

Asked by Bfworker, 98682 Wed Sep 28, 2011

Answers

20
Bfworker,
Glad you responded. If you were in my market and chose to work with my team, we would meet, review your home and what needed to be done to maximize your selling value and create a plan. Some of the most critical things don't cost money and are a part of preparing to move.
Other things may be hired, done by you with friends or any number of options. I've been known to strap on a tool belt myself when some projects are easier to do myself than to hire, oversee and ensure a handyman does it right. I know there are other agents out there with a similar mindset, but I generally don't advertise that phase of what we do. So to answer your question, yes, there are agents who will help get your home ready for the market.
I've written a blog about Pre-Staging and attached a list below.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 18, 2011
I hope you're not asking if the agents are going to mow your lawn! Realtors do a lot to help their clients prepare for selling. They will give advice on what to put away, whether to repair anything or suggestions about painting etc. But it is you that will benefit from getting the most you can for your home, and so it's up to you to find time to keep it as neat as possible for showing, or else sell it "as-is" and at an "as-is" price! Best, Terry Bell, Realtor, Santa Rosa, CA
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 18, 2011
Of course a Realtor will help! Take your time, ask around, do some research and interview a few to see which one can best meet your needs!
Hi I have excellent resources and I would love to talk to you about your question. I believe that every client is different so every situation is different. I am all about client service. I feel that selling your home is team work and we are in it together and we are in it to win it. So if it needs to be done we will figure out a way to do just that get it done! Please feel free to contact me, I would love to hear what your current situation is and what we can do to make it work!
Realtors will typically make suggestions and possibly provide connections to contact for support but to expect them to "pitch in" and provide manual labor would be going "above and beyond..."
I understand how over whelming the whole process seems. It also can seem like a big expense to get the house ready and prepared for showings. If I were your Realtor I would discuss what funds you have available to use on getting the house prepared. If funds are limited I have tricks on how to make the home present well without shelling out a lot of money. I did take classes for staging that taught me a few tricks to make a house show well with little to know money but repurposing what you already have. It sounds like your time is limited. Prioritising will be essential to reach the goal of selling the home. Thank You, Bf worker, for sharing your concerns about listing your home. I hope this helps. Betty Schram, Prudential NW Properties, Vancouver Wa
Bfworker,
yes! In fact i have a certified stager on my team and we would give you FREE advice!
Absolutely, it's best to contact a Realtor prior to making any repairs or improvements. A good Realtor can prevent you from spending money that you may not have to.
Thanks for all your answers!! If my tally was right I had 8 realtors willing to help and 1 that wouldn't. (A couple were kind of non-specific as to the extent of their talents.)

Again Thank You!

bfworker
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 19, 2011
Perhaps to some i wasn't clear enough with my question so I will use a scenario. Seller is single, works at a hard physical job 40 hours a week. Mowing the lawn and certain other things are a chore with two days off leaving little relaxing time.
How is a buyer like this to make for sure the house, yard etc. is presentable for prospective buyer, and still have enough left over to make it through a work week?
Hiring a laborer could be a strain.
Thanks for any insight.

bfworker
agents, post is now 2 months old! they have moved on
Absolutey! A good realtor should be willing to walk through your home with you room by room and let you know what needs to stay and what needs to be packed away. Don't forget the outside as well, particularly porches and patios where unwanted stuff might accumulate.
Staging your home can be a challenge since you are emotionally connected to your "stuff." When you find an agent you feel comfortable working with, go look a few comparable houses to see how they are staged. That can help you approach your space with a little more objectivity, since you will have experienced what a buyer will when they tour your home.
A good realtor should absolutely help you get your home ready for the market place. They should advise you on paint colors help you paint, mow the yard, landscape the front of the home, help you move unwanted items to storage and talk with the neighbors about the barking dog. In all reality a good agent will advise you on many items but don’t look to them to do any of the above except maybe choose a paint color. When choosing an agent choose a FULL time agent who is very familiar with the area and has a plan and proven track record in the area. Best of Luck!
Web Reference: http://www.randshomes
A good Realtor will be able to give you plenty of tips on how to prepare your home for sale. If you need any assistance, I would love to help you. I am with Coldwell Banker Seal in Vancouver. If you have any questions about selling your home, please feel free to email or call me.
That is part of the job! Find a realtor® you are comfortable with and start the process. Best of Luck!
You are paying an agent good money to represent you and your home on the open market. Aside from advertising in print, internet, open houses, realtor luncheons which are standard fare, specifically ask the agent what he/she will be doing during the "full" listing period to generate buyers on a weekly/monthly basis after the first few weeks of the listing. Many listings get stale after the first month. In my opinion a good and professional agent has an exceptional marketing plan to prevent "stale" listing scenarios through each stage of the listing period. Good luck!
Absolutely, a good Realtor will have many ideas on how to prepare your property for sale. You can find one on the find a pro tab up above. Good Luck!
Web Reference: http://www.ajsocalteam.com
Bfworker,
Agents have various skill sets and typically lots of contacts. I've assisted with minor things, helped prep more major and overseen complete rehabs. Depending on what you need, there is probably an agent who can help.
Yes, they can. Interview at lest 3 realtors to see what each offers and how they approach listing a property.

Best of luck.