chsnttb, Home Buyer in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I want to list a short sale in FTL 33309 & have not yet listed the home or contacted lender-recommend an agent

Asked by chsnttb, Fort Lauderdale, FL Fri Jul 17, 2009

House is underwater; need assistance with how to proceed. I have lived in home for over two years and do not intend to stay there. I have had interest in the home and just need to know how to proceed with the process.

Answers

6

The first thing to do would be to talk to your lender, and ask them about their short sale requirements. Many lenders will not consider a short sale if you are current or even still making some payments. You will need paperwork such as bank statements and W-2s to prove a financial hardship that no longer allows you to make payments. Can you provide such information?

The next step, if you believe you are eligible for a short sale, is to contact a realtor with experience in short sales. They will help you determine the correct price at which to market your home, as well as suggestions on how to get it sold in the shortest possible time frame (keeping in mind that no short sale is ever quick).

I have experience in both selling and buying short sales. I would happy to speak with you about how I work and see if we have a good fit. Please contact me at your convenience.

Diane Loveridge
Majestic Properties
(786) 210-3449
dloveridge@majesticproperties.com
A Realtor who is a Short Sale Specialist will be able to address your needs, tailored to your specific situation

Meir Aloni & Team

CDPE (Certified Distressed Property Expert)

CRS (Certified Residential Specialist)

RECS (Real Estate Cyberspace Society)

Successfully selling Broward County since 1986!

Direct phone# 954-338-5220 http://www.WeSellBroward.com

All Star Realty Inc.

The first thing you need to do:

• Heir a professional short sale negotiator.
• Have the negotiator talk with the bank
• Get a price from the bank that they will except
• sell your property

There are several ways of approaching the short sale process. Not all of the short sale are long.
Good luck with the process and if you have any other questions please don’t hesitate to contact me I
would love to help.

Shai Mashiach
Prudential Florida Realty
Fort Lauderdale luxury real estate/ Miami luxury Real Estate
http://www.PremierEstateRegistry.com
http://www.RealtySH.com
BETTER SERVICE, BETTER RESULTS
I would immediately contact the lender recommended agent. That is usually an experienced, designated short sale agent that works closely with the lender and can get more done and have better access than almost any other agent. They can usually proceed with the short sale quickly and smoothly with the lender's blessing. I am speaking from experience and not trying to promote myself. I am a preferred agent with Chase.
Home seller, do you have 1 loan or 2? Are your payments current, or are you behind? You do not always have to prove financial hardship to proceed with a short sale. I will recommend a good attorney that does short sales, his name is Joseph Kohn and he can be reached at 954-332-3111. His office is in Fort Lauderdale. Call him and speak with him and he can guide you on the options you may have with your situation. Mention my name and I hope this helps.

John Palmisano
Keller Williams
754-245-1404
Diane gave you great advice. Do your homework with the bank before involving a real estate agent.