Mlb, Home Buyer in Fort Myers, FL

I've had 70 brochures taken from my information box, but only one showing. The second half had a price reduction. Is this normal?

Asked by Mlb, Fort Myers, FL Wed Oct 6, 2010

Answers

8
Becky: I'm so glad that works for you. Keep up the good work.
Yes, the neighbors pick up the flyers.

I would suggest adding a QR Code to your sign or Information Box (laminate and attach) that will lead to your website or your listing. Its a great way to attract attention, look savvy, and get the information out when you run out of flyers in the box.
Maureen: On my brochures, I never put the price. I always put "For Current Price" contact (agent's name) The price is what most people are after. What you are after is calls for showings it's a win win
A property that is priced correctly in the beginning will almost always sell in a reasonable amount of time, usually 30 to 60 days. Some properties are very special and harder to sell and will take a longer time because of the uniqueness of the circumstances. There are numerous reasons why this would happen and too many to list here but here are just a few examples.
Irregular shape of the property
less bedrooms than the all or most of the surrounding properties
the condition of your property in comparison to the properties it is competing with
Crime in the area
poor schools
no jobs in the area
Residential property listed in a predoninantly commercial area
And the list goes on. If you and your realtor sit down and takee a good hard look at the property in comparison to what your property is competing with, the condition, the area etc. He or She ought to be able to give you a true estimate of the price you need to be at in order to sell. If you don't have a realtor yet I truly suggest you interview several and decide on one. 80% of the homes sold in the entire marketplace are sold by professional realtors.
A professional Realtor can guide you in achieving your goals. If a property stays on the market too long, the offers wills be less both in volume and offering price. Your property becomes stale inventory. Do it right the first time and do it right quickly and I'm sure you will find an appropriate buyer. If your properrty is extremely is extremely unique and unusual you may want to consider selling it at auction. I would do this as a last resort, but it certainly is an option.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it's common for someone to take a whole bunch or for a bunch of kids to come and grab them. However, if that's not the case (and I hope it isn't for your sake), it means you're probably priced too high. Showings and offers are dependent on your price. You'll want to be competitive in your market. With this economy, now is not the time to "test the waters" by pricing it higher than it should be.

Have you thought that maybe someone came and took it all?
Most likely LOTS OF NEIGHBORS looking at what is happening with the house and neighborhood.

Price it competitively to get it sold!

Gerry Dunn
Associate Broker
703-216-9100

Serving Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C. for 28 years
What is your agent suggesting...and are you priced competitively--review comps-- recently closed similar properties in the immediate area, and if your list price needs adjusting, adjust accordingly--also make sure your marketing maximizes your exposure--do keep in mind that a home is worth what someone is willing to pay for it, not what the seller needs or potential buyer can afford to spend--market conditions do matter.