Home Selling in Birmingham>Question Details

Laurenandnat…, Home Seller in Birmingham, AL

I've got a brick home for sale in Hoover AL. Any suggestions on how more I can advertise my home to make it more visible?

Asked by Laurenandnathan77, Birmingham, AL Thu Jun 6, 2013

Answers

12
A big pull to Hoover is the school system. Get aggressive during the holiday season (now!) as families are shifting w the academic year. Get your listing in front of movers and shakers in the school system...teachers, administrators, etc.
Lauren and Nathan, I do hope your home has sold. Reading through the answers I noticed that you mentioned you had an agent. Your agent should have been the one to answer your question. Any other agent isn't supposed to interfere/cross a sign with another agent's listing. In the event your agent isn't doing what you think they should, you need to ask them, communicate with them, what you expect and if they can provide that. If not, seperate ways and hire an agent that will exceed your expectations.
Hopefully you've been closed for months now, if not, as soon as your listing expires, or you cancel it, let me know and I'd be happy to help you.

Aaron Sims
In your ads, emphasize the fact that your home is brick and the benefits of lower maintenance with this type exterior. Tom Lloyd, Agent, Ingram & Associates
In your ads, emphasize the fact that your home is brick and the benefits of lower maintenance with this type exterior.
Price is the number one hurdle in number of showings and offers. The market inventory would be a good start. I would encourage you to ask your agent for the market absorption in that particular subdivison and the sales in a weighted average for the past year. Hope this will help.
Call me @ 205-283-0007 and I will be happy to discuss options.
You could offer special incentives to Cooperating Agents on your MLS to sell. Higher commission if in contract by a specific date. Offer to assist with closing cost or other incentives.
We've got an agent, and have good photos. The house is in a wonderful location, has a great open floor plan, 3 bedrooms and 3 baths, a very private backyard with a huge deck. We've lowered the price to sell as we have had to relocate already. We've done the open house thing, and it's listed in MLS. I'm open for more suggestions!
In today's market, you need more than just a sign in the yard & putting it on Craig's list. Unless you just love to talk on the phone & want to talk everyone who calls looking for rent, I would suggest finding you a good Realtor. Not only will they handle all that marketing for you but will also help you with getting your buyer approved for a mortgage, inspections and writing the contract. legal documents and takes the liability off of you. You need an agent that is a member of the Alabama MLS and can get your information to all the agents that may have a buyer. I wish you the best. Take a look at my web site http://www.JeanThrasher.com and see how the properties are marketed.

Jean Thrasher
Keller Williams
2011 Top Agent
2012 Top Producer
ALC 2013
I believe you have some of the best agents in the country right here in Birmingham. Give'em a try.
First of all, you need to start with professional photography for any print and web advertising that you may decide to employ. You have to understand that selling a home in today's economy is a price war, and a beauty contest, and you have to be able to win both. Think new construction, model home. That is what you are competing against.
Next, you have to know who your most likely buyer will be, and that is where you have to advertise. Social media is king! If you are active in the digital social realm, leverage those contacts. You'd be surprised how far word of mouth, and word of keyboard can spread.
Create a single property website and purchase your home address as the domain name. Example 123MainStreet.com (Godaddy.com for about $15.00 per year). Then call Pete's Print Shop in Hoover at 205-979-1903, and tell him that you need a sign rider for a yard sign. He'll know what to give you. Remember those professional photos that I mentioned earlier? These are for the website, and yard flyers. (There is a method to my madness, muuuaaahaaahaaahaaaahaaa!)
Next, shoot me an email to George@GeorgeWJackson.com, and I will email a contract package to you. You'll need this when a buyer comes along, especially, if they don't have their own agent. You can use the contract as a template. Have an attorney review it for you to explain anything that you don't understand.
Call the Postmen at 205-802-8748 and order a professional yard sign to attract attention. Remember the sign rider, and professional photography? See how this stuff builds on itself? Kinda like algebra, huh? Sigh...I hated algebra! (I'm just serious!)
That is enough to get you started...or you could just call me to schedule a consultation, and not have to worry about ANY of this. My web address is http://BirminghamPropertyListings.com.
*By the way none of the companies that I have mentioned pay me one red cent for recommending them. They are just firms that I currently use, and they meet my standards of service, which are EXTREMELY high. I NEVER recommend ANYONE that I have not worked with, and that I trust.
For maximum exposure, if you are not listed with an agent, consider the idea...