Biscayne, Home Buyer in Birmingham, MI

I've been renting for years, saving my money, investing in the stock market and GOT OUT in late 2007. Parked

Asked by Biscayne, Birmingham, MI Thu Apr 16, 2009

$300K in T-Bills and am now FINALLY ready to buy the lowest-priced 3 bedroom, 1.5 bath brick home in Birmingham for CASH! How little can I expect to pay right NOW? Oh, I want to be within a 1/2 mile of Maple & Woodward.

Answers

3
Chrysler has already filed for bankruptcy. GM is next and ultimately FORD will follow along. This is not the time to buy any property in Metro Detroit. Don't believe the Realtor. For them, it is always a good time because they always make money when a transaction happens.
You can buy a brick ranch for about $250,000, or you can buy a foreclosure brick home for $300,000 that needs quite a bit of work. You have a lot of options. This is an exciting time for you!
Good for you!

My office on Maple is basically at the center of your search radius. With your half mile restriction, you will be East of Woodward and the only home I see that meets all of your criteria appears to be more aluminum siding than brick. That house is listed for 225k.

If it could be something other than brick, then you would have 4 more options ranging in price between 160k and 299k.

Expand slightly beyond .5 miles and your options will open considerable.

Actually, this week I sold a house that would have fit your criteria exactly. It was bank owned and had 14 offers on it. My buyer bid cash and considerably over asking to get it and they got an amazing bargain. Those kinds of deals don't come along rarely, but you have to be ready to act quickly and decisively when they do.

If I can be of further help, I would be happy to do so. My family has lived in Birmingham since the 1960's and I do most of my business in this city. Please feel free to contact us.

Maureen Francis
SKBK Sotheby's International
248-430-4450
Web Reference: http://mioaklandcounty.com
Maureen Fran…, Real Estate Pro in Birmingham, MI