Alexinmiami, Home Seller in 06880

I've been approved for a short sale. Any local real estate agent that can help? 33189.

Asked by Alexinmiami, 06880 Mon May 11, 2009

I'm up to date on my payments, but the value of the house is down approx. 66% since July 2006 when I bought.

I was just approved and the bank told me the first step in the process is to get a real estate agent.

I actually called to see if i qualified for a mod and was transferred to someone who approved the sale with only asking if i wanted to keep the house or not.

Answers

11
This thread is 5 years old...one would only hope that this situation has been resolved and that you have been able to move on from this situation.

Please make sure you choose a listing agents who is WELL experienced with listing, negiotiating and selling Short Sales. Not all agents are., Good luck
Notice:
Asked by Alexinmiami, 06880 • Mon May 11, 2009
Flag Sat Jul 5, 2014
Hi--We are Westport agents in the business for many years and unfortunately have become all too familiar with short sales. Please get in touch if you'd like to talk. Mary Ann Laurita, Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices
Notice:
Flag Sat Jul 5, 2014
The most important thing to consider is to work with the right agent, on that can take you from start to finish making sure that your interests are the #1 concern. please visit my website to see why you should work with me.
http://fairfieldcountyhomeinfo.com/gold_custom3.asp
Daniel Lorenzetti
Cell # 203-243-3563
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 5, 2010
Hi Alex:

I am certified in short sales and foreclosures. I suggest you contact an attorney who specializes in this process!! They are knowledgeable in the law. As a realtor who specializes in these sales, there are various steps you need to process through. You can reach em at 203-682-4327

Good Luck in your sale of your home.
Betty Stroll William Raveis Real Estate
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 5, 2010
Before you make any decisions, please visit: http://www.FairfieldCountyHomeInfo.com where you will find many answers to all your questions regarding a Short Sale.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Cordially,
Daniel Lorenzetti
The first step I would take is to contact an attorney who is very competent in short sales in this area. I work with two excellent ones that I highly regard their professionalism.
Your attorney and listing agent will play the key role between you and your bank, the buyer, his attorney and his bank to get the short sale truely approved.
Let me know if I can help you further...it seems that 66% is quite alot that your home has been devalued for Westport...maybe it isn't so..let's see...
Feel free to contact me about your property and I will be gald to put you with these attorneys to see what is involved for your specific sale.
All my best,
Julia Broder
Web Reference: http://www.juliabroder.com
Also - you do not get approved for a short sale that easily. Unless there is a pending purchase with a buyer on your home which the bank has approved, then you are not approved for a short sale. They probably want you to pursue a short sale - however there is lots more to do before you are able to short sell your home. Pick your agent wisely - make sure you get one that has had success with short sales before and be prepared for a long road ahead.
Web Reference: http://www.homesbyminna.com
If you need an agent in Westport, CT, I'd be happy to speak with you.
Alex,

You want to make sure that the agent you hire knows the ins and outs of short sales and how they work. The listing agent on a short sale can really make or break the short sale process. You want to know what type of training and experience they've had in dealing with short sales. If you'd like assistance in finding or interviewing an agent please don't hesitate to call or email.

With Your Success in Mind,

Shar Rundio
Keller Williams Integrity First Realty
480.560.7255
shar@speakingofphoenixrealestate.com
Twitter: @SharRundio
Alexinmiami-

Where is your home located?
Your question says 33189, which is Miami, Florida, which makes sense based on your user name.
However, your profile says 06880, which is Westport, Connecticut.

This question has been posted under Connecticut.

Please clarify.