Claud, Home Seller in Connecticut

I still don't know when the closing is, have no idea what to tell the mover, what if I pack and its cancelled

Asked by Claud, Connecticut Thu Nov 13, 2008

I have sold my condo and am moving to house. closings will be back to back. I have to have money from condo to pay for house which will be cash.

Answers

4
your Realtor and your Contract can provide these answers. Simple as that. Just as the price is on the contract, so too should be the closing dates.
Claud
How do you know the closings are back to back (the correct term would be "concurrent") if you don't have any paperwork with a closing date?
Who is handling the closing? Title? Escrow?
IMHO if you do not know the answers to these questions, how do you know that you even are closing?

Please post more information. I agree, you need competent, professional representation.
Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA
Claud - Speak with your agent and your attorney. It sounds as though there is no definite closing date set yet. This does happen occasionally lately, typically if the buyer of your current home still does not have their clear to close from the lender.

Your attorney and agent should be able to guide you through this. Talk to them.
Your agent should be talking to you. A back to back closing is tough sometimes. It is like a domino effect. One domino doesnt fall and it stops the whole thing. Call your agent and tell them you need answers.