Home Selling in Salida>Question Details

Rex Toulson, Home Seller in Amarillo, TX

I sold and owner financed a small motel in Colorado. We mutually hired an attorney and closing company. 15

Asked by Rex Toulson, Amarillo, TX Sat Mar 22, 2008

months after the buyer had posession and operated, the buyer discovered that a property disclousre was not filed with the paper work. As sellers, we were not aware of this required form and sold the property as is and had that clause included in the contract as the motel is over 60 years old. We had everything working fine as it was sold but now the buyer has encountered a few problems and wants to make claims against us since there was not a property disclosusre form. Where do I stand as the seller?

Answers

1
Who did the attorney represent? You or the buyer? If he/she is "your" representative, then contact him/her for advice. If the attorney represented the buyer, I would not contact that attorney, and risk saying anything that could prove disadvantageous to your position. If that attorney was the buyer representative, go find your own legal counsel to address the issue of an "as-is" sale to the buyer's attorney.
Deborah Madey, Real Estate Pro in Brick, NJ