Sha, Home Seller in 10543

I signed an exclusive right to sell agreement with a broker. a month with a client without proof of funds. we want to cancel contract. Can we?

Asked by Sha, 10543 Wed Feb 29, 2012

Answers

5
Hi Sha - I had a similar situation. I was able to cancel the contract with the broker.
If you are talking about the listing contract, yes, you can cancel it. Call the agent's Broker and let them know you want out of the Agreement and if they do not release you, you will bring your attorney into the conversation.

Sellers should not be held prisoner if their agent is not living up to their promises.
Proof of funds usually means the buyer is offering cash to buy the house. Is there just one Realtor or does buyer and seller have their own which is often a better scenario. If you have a dual agent (same company representing both sides) they could be delaying hoping to hold the deal together to get all the commission. Your agent should be able to find out if the buyer has funds to purchase or not. If not the contract will die on its own but I would call the broker of the company you have it listed with and get some answers. Who knows, it could close in days so get the facts before you say you want out.
Hi, you will have to read the contract you signed., Your next move will depend greatly on the language within. Usually you can cancel these contracts but it all depends on any additional language or clauses.

Chris
I would call and speak with the broker/owner of the company that you have your agreement with and express your discontent. Of course reviewing the terms of your agreement ahead of time will help. Most brokers will allow you to cancel your agreement if promises were made than are not being honored, and a workable solution is not likely. If you wish to discuss further, please call me. Good luck.

Debby Frank
(914) 498-5443