Tina, Home Seller in Bend, OR

I signed a listing agreement with a agent. After 4days the listing in MLS was terminated by the principal broker . What should I do to sell my hours?

Asked by Tina, Bend, OR Fri Feb 1, 2013

Because my listing agent was fired. I requested the principal broker to reinstate in MLS . I was told that if I reinstate I have give them the listing agreement signed by the principal broker. The listing agreement I signed with the agent . The principal broker did not sign it.

Answers

12
This is a most unfortunate situation and one in which you seem to be a victim of circumstances. I would recommend visiting the broker with your listing contract in hand and request a clarification of your options.

This sounds as if there may be an agreement between the broker and agent that leaves the listings ownership in the hands of the listing agent and not the broker. Seeking a clear appreciation of the role of the broker and agent with regards to listing ownership would be important to understanding your options.

Then I assume you have the choice to either resign or interview other brokers.
Whatever you choose to do make sure you speak with this current broker clearly to be aware of the entire situation and your obligations to this broker if any.
Then I email them to reinstate inMLS. The principal broker email me back sails if I have a copy listing agreement signed by him the listing can reinstate .
I got a email by the the principal broker of the company that they terminated my listing in MLS
Tina, i'm not sure how Oregon's licensing law works, but in NJ when you sign your home with an agent, the listing actually belongs to the brokering company not the agent themself. So in your scenario, since the listing agent was fired, the listing broker still owns your listing.
However, they should have notified you and explained the situation to you before terminating the listing. If there is nothing in writing between you and the broker, I would strongly suggest you interview other brokers that may have your best interests at hand.

Best with your situation!

Laquita Baez
Licensed Realtor in NJ and GA
Weichert Realtors
973.687.7095
Would strongly advise you meet with the principal owner of the company first.
I filed a complaint in local association of realtors. It is not a case. The brokerage can terminate the listing agreement at their discretion . The listing agreement I signed by the agent may be not valid. It is not a part of my complaint.
When you list wth an agent, you are actually listing with the company and the agent is an agent for that company. if the agent leaves, your listing stays with the company. You should meet with that broker, if you are comfortable sign a new listing agreement, if not ask for a full release especially if they took your home out of MLS at least you have a valid reason. If they refuse you may want to speak with a lawyer or take the stepo to file a complaint with teh state RE commission.
Why would you want to work with an agency that just cancel your listing with out discussing your options with you. Interview some other agents. Where is the house you are selling. is it in OR or NJ
contact me and if I can't help you I will get someone that can.
If a principal broker can cancel any listing agreement by any time, by any reson ,how about the seller's felling?
This is a question for REALTORS in Oregon. In NJ, the broker owns the listing.
You should sign a new listing agreement with the principal broker.
Web Reference: http://www.archershomes.com