Home Selling in Page>Question Details

heatherbarson, Home Seller in 86040

I replaced the roof, flooring, and cooling in my house. It's been one of the cheapest on the market for over a year and won't sell. Why?

Asked by heatherbarson, 86040 Thu Sep 20, 2012

It's a solid house of decent size on a corner lot, and fully fenced. There's nothing wrong with it. I've moved out of State, so I wondered if the market was doing something I'm not aware of.

Answers

3
Are other homes selling in your area?
If you are the lowest price and other homes around you are selling there must be something dramatically different that you are not seeing. Get another person to look with a fresh new perspective. I assume you have a Realtor, ask he/she to have a Brokers Open to get feedback from other Agents. Good luck.
No lookers = priced to high to get people to come look at it or something else is turning them off like location or the pictures or too much description or too many pictures.

Lookers but no offers = they are coming so the price is in the ball-park but something there is turning them off. Price, location, setting, condition.
It's probably overpriced. Ask your Realtor to do a new CMA on the property. Also, ask your Realtor what marketing he/she has been doing on the property. And ask how many people have looked at the property, and what their feedback has been. And ask, as you did here, what the market in general is like.

If you've had a lot of lookers but no offers, then the prices is probably reasonable, but there's something else turning potential buyers off. If you haven't had many lookers, chances are the prices is too high.

Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Fairfax, VA