Eric Perrin, Other/Just Looking in

I recently purchased my home in Chandler, in the Arrowhead Park community. But, due to family problems back home in Louisiana I am going to sell it.

Asked by Eric Perrin, Sun Aug 28, 2011

I recently purchased my home in Chandler, in the Arrowhead Park community. But, due to family problems back home in Louisiana I am going to have to sell it. I purchased the house about 3 months ago and I made a mistake by not getting it appraised and because I paid cash it wasn't needed. Should I do that now before I list it or wait until I have a possible buyer.

Answers

5
Hi Eric,
I'm sorry to hear about you're needing to leave Chandler and I hope the issues that are taking you away don't cause you too much distress. Perhaps we'll be neighbors again in the future. As tar as appraisals go, no mistake on your part. As has been stated several times in response to your question, market changes could make even a 3 month old appraisal obsolete, and appraisers in fact, typically prefer to go no further back in comparable sales, than 90 days. Part of a Realtors job is to value the home based on current comps and when you list your home, it should be with confidence that the agent you list with has a good handle on the value of homes in your area and the price at which your home should sell. Certain circumstances make a "pre-appraisal" a good idea and include unique or unusual homes or homes in areas where there are few recent comparable sales.

Best of luck to you and your family,
Sharyn
Hi Eric,
The market is always changing, even if the property was appraised about 3months ago, the value today could be different. If you are curious about its value today, call or e-mail me and I will send you a free, no obligation, hassle free, computerized, objective home valuation.
Grace Adewumi
Realty One Group
602-769-0890
gracea@realtyoneaz.com
http://www.house2buyorsell.com
Eric... We're sorry you'll be needing to sell your Chandler home before you have much of a chance to enjoy it! My husband, Dan, and I have sold residential real estate in the Southeast Valley for over 30 years and currently live near the Chandler Fashion Center... not too far from Arrowhead Park. To answer your question directly, we always recommend that you allow us to visit your home so that we can give you an accurate market analysis so that you can price your home competitively. The good news is that springtime and going into summer is our best selling season as buyers seem to come "out of the woodwork" to begin choosing their next home. We have also noticed, so far this year, more activity in the residential market...which is encouraging for all of us. If you haven't done so, we would recommend you place your home on the market soon so that we can obtain a good offer from a qualified buyer and THEN the buyer's lender (most people don't pay cash) will order an appraisal. One thing we do different from 95% of all Realtors, is that we actually meet the appraiser and give them the best comparable sales available. This can be extremely important to your bottom line. Please feel free to contact us if we can be of service! Dan & Carol Smith - Dan Smith Realty - 480-820-6833 ... http://www.dansmithrealty.com
Eric,
I can provide you with a comparative market analysis on your home, and also an overview of what rents are in your neighborhood. If you feel like you do not want to be a Landlord, selling the house and carrying the note is another option.

I work with Buyers in Chandler a lot, and there is a good demand for homes in this area.

Please call me or email and I may be able to offer you more specific advice.

Steffy Hristova, Realtor, MBA, SFR, CNE
HomeSmart
Tel: 480-966-9353
website: http://www.talktosteffy.com
Web Reference: http://www.talktosteffy.com
Once you have a buyer and a ratified contract, your buyer's bank or mortgage company will order an appraisal. However, it may be helpful to ask a realtor for a comparative market analysis.