Home Selling in Long Beach>Question Details

skn1668, Home Owner in Long Beach, CA

I planed to sell my house in Long Beach CA while renting, what options do I have?

Asked by skn1668, Long Beach, CA Fri Jul 12, 2013

Answers

19
Hello Skn1668,

First, congratulations for thinking about selling.
The prices soar quickly since 2008.

All the guesswork has been regarding your situation have been
posted and analyzed. Now all you need to do is interview agents.
I suggest you talk to at least 3. Discuss the price,
how they will market your house, discuss how your transition will be handled
and if they are doing this full time or part time.

I am from Century 21 Action! Got my license since 2002 and been a realtor since 2003.
I work full time. our office have 200 licensed agents with buyers that are already pre-qualified.
Also have investors that are looking for a good deal.

Just contact me by calling or texting (310) 597586.
You can also email me.
Regards and good luck!

Roberto
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 12, 2013

Thanks for contacting us here on Trulia.

It is a great time to sell your property! The market is on fire and there are very few homes on the market so properties are selling very quickly, often with multiple offers and very close to or over asking price.

You can either get a month to month rental while you are selling your home, or you can live in your home while you are selling and try to find a place to live after you get an offer accepted.

It is also possible to rent back the property from the buyer for a month or so to get a little additional time to find a new home.

Feel free to give me a call at (310) 717-1321 or JamieTian@RodeoRE.com and I would be happy to answer any questions you might have or walk you through the home selling process.

I would also be happy to take a look at your property and give you a professional estimate of your home value.

Jamie Tian
Rodeo Realty
(310) 717-1321
JamieTian@RodeoRE.com
DRE #01920120
Web Reference: http://www.jamietian.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 12, 2013
There are a lot of options, depends on the scenario. Call me to discuss. I just took two listings this week - one Single Family in Anaheim and one Condo in Carson BOTH tenant occupied and BOTH completely different scenario's.

Lesley Harris, Realtor
Cal Tex Properties & REO's
(562) 673-0943

LesleySells@gmail.com

#01124037
Hi there,

Hopefully you have your answers by now. But if you still happen to need more information, then please feel free to reach out to us. We work as a full team to get you the MOST MONEY, in the SHORTEST Time, with the LEAST HASSLES!

We have a full listing division dedicated to working with sellers in order to answer all of the questions that you may have. Shoot us a quick e-mail and we would be happy to send you a preview of our listing presentation so you can see what to expect when you work with a full team of professionals.

Thank you for your time and we wish you the best in your home selling journey.

- The Anderson Real Estate Group

Info@AndersonREG.com
800.784.2616
http://www.AndersonREG.com
I would appreciate the opportunity to talk with you. If I understand your question correctly, you currently have a renter in the home you own and wish to sell?

It's a typical scenario in todays market, a lot of owners are realizing it's a great time to sell. They only became a landlord due to the fact market was so low.

There are a few options. Let's talk ~ (562) 673-0943

Lesley Harris, Realtor
Cal Tex Properties & REO
LesleySells@gmail.com

DRE#01124037
Many options are available, I would interview several local Realtors and see what you think. See what they charge for commission and etc, not everyone works well with everyone else, see if you can find an agent (or Realtor) you like and get along with. Maybe consider interviewing some local agents that took the time to answer your question on Trulia or try the Trulia directory which ranks agents by number of "recommends" as well.

Best of luck.

Spirit Messingham, PLLC
3rd Generation Full-Time Realtor®
Tierra Antigua Realty
Direct (520) 471-6900
Fax (866) 365-5208
SpiritRealty@cox.net
http://www.TierraAntigua.com
Hello -

I'm not sure if you have found someone to help you yet, but I would love the opportunity to discuss this with you. I am not only an agent, but have a property that I rent out as well, so I understand the issues with having a tenant with whom you need to work.

Give me a call, or send me an email and we can discuss this further.

Samantha Baksic
Precision Realty

sb@theprecisioncos.com
http://www.theprecisioncos.com/
http://www.ocbeachcitiesrealestate.com/
714.330.2021 (cell)
800.817.7542 (fax)

CA DRE License #: 01904666
Hello

If your current tenant has a lease it can get a bit touchy. Some tenant will demand to stay out their lease term.

If you sale to an investor they may very well wish to continue with your tenant should your tenant decide they want to stay.

Buyers who want to occupy the home will expect the property to be delivered to them vacant.
Best of luck to you!

Kawain Payne, Realtor
Do you mean the property that you want to sell you currently are renting out?
The answer varies greatly on your current tenants. Have they been at the property for a while? Is their rent close to FMR (fair market) and are they paying on time? Are they keeping the property in good shape?

Keep in mind that many buyers might be investors who will rent out the property. If the tenants are good, I would prefer to keep them (as a buyer and investor myself). If they are problematic, it's better to get rid of them, but in a peaceful way. Many investor buyers could help you with that too, if you are unsure how to do it the best way.

And gotta agree with Roberto here, interview several agents before choosing one. Keep in mind, in today's market agents are plenty, home sellers are few.
Have some great answers here.

Have been a Real Estate Broker in Long Beach for 34+ years and would be happy to have the opportunity to work with you too.

Feel free to give me a call at 714-296-7270 and check out my website at http://www.barbararobinsolexa.com to learn why I have been the top real estate broker in the Long Beach Area as well as in the top 1% of the brokers nationwide.

I would love to be one of the agents you interview,
Barbara Robbins-Olxa, Broker, e-Pro(R), SRES(R)
DRE Lic#797560
L B Brokerage
189 Quncy Ave.
Long Beach, CA 90803
714-296-7270
bstrealtor@aol.com
Good afternoon,

I hope you are having a great day!

First of all, it is a great time to sell. Inventory is low and I have many pre-qualified buyers with no places to buy. That leaves you the Seller in a great position.

Secondly, as a landlord myself I know the delicate nature in trying to sale a rental especially if it is currently occupied. It is a fine balance between maintaining the cash flow while preparing the property and marketing to get the highest and best price. The relationship you have with the tenants is also a factor on how to approach the marketing and selling of your home.

Whether your rental is vacant or occupied or your tenants are cooperative or not I am confident I can assist you. I would love the opportunity to find out more information and to earn your business.

Email or call me anytime.

Have an exceptional day!

Cheryl Friedman
I think you have tenants and you want to sell the house without having to ask them to move or evict them if they are not paying. If that is the case, your best bet is to work with someone who is buying a rental and is willing to keep the tenants or deal with the eviction. I have several investor clients that would love to buy a house in long beach. I think i will be able to find you a cash buyer quick if you give me more information. Give me a call so we can discuss more.

Maxine Hunter
Realty Gratitude
Broker / Realtor©
Direct: 562-230-4124
Office: 562-344-5515
Fax: 562-274-7707
Email: Max@RealtyGratitude.com
Web: RealtyGratitude.com
Address: 295 Redondo Ave, Suite 102, Long Beach, CA 90803
skn1668,
That is a question with so many possible answers it would take a medium sized book to list them all. My suggestion is, contact one of the agents or brokers, or me directly, who answered you here and have a conversation regarding the ultimate goal. It costs nothing to talk and, at most offices, consultations are free.

Ken Dorfman,
Broker
Kenneth B Dorfman Real Estate
Lic# 00675912
Phone, 888-846-0688
Email, Ken@TheRealEstateOffice.Biz
Hello LB homeowner,

Oscar bring up a great question, are you living in the property your planning to sell? If not, are you planning to rent the property out before selling it? Depending on either question, there's a few options you have. We welcome your call to discuss your options and assist you with a plan that best fits your needs.

Susan Drew & Marie Goodloe
Realtors, CRS GRI
Keller Williams Pacific Estates
2883 E. Spring St. #100
Long Beach, CA 90806
Toll Free Direct: 877324-2004
DRE License #'s 01160799 & 00863171
YourRealtors@TeamWeSellHomes.com
http://www.TeamWeSellHomes.com
Your options would depend on your needs. I am curious to know more about your concerns or fears about selling and then we can discuss the best way to help you accomplish your goals. If you are in need of a rental I can refer you to a couple of great property management companies in the Long Beach area that will be able to serve you.
Great question and hope you have found the answers that will help you or at least get you on the right track.

It's a Good Life!
Marvin Phillip
562-207-8200
If you are planning on moving out and renting yourself while selling a property, then that's a great and easy way to sell. As a listing agent, and if I were your listing agent, when we received offers, I would identify not only the highest priced ones, but the strongest ones which will close quickly so if you need to pay rent and a mortgage payment, you only do so for the shortest time possible :-)

If you have tenants in place that are renting from you and you want to sell while they are there, you can do so. We can list the property with tenants in place - I have 2 listings with this situation right now. There are investor buyers out there who are purchasing property with tenants in place. Other options would depend on what type of lease/rental agreement you have in place. Let me know what the details are with your tenants (if this is your situation) and I can let you know of your other options :-) My office is in Long Beach so I know the area well :)

Shona Killoughery
shona@shonahomes.com
Keller Williams Pacific Estates, Long Beach
Call/Text: (714) 398 0556
The tenant is on month to month leash. I wonder how to sell this house without losing this tenant for in case if the deal doesn't work out.
Flag Fri Jul 12, 2013
Call me and I would be happy to discuss all your options.

Celeste Jablonski
Main Street Realtors
562 833-4008
BRE#01329685
If you can rent while selling your home this is best. Better would be if you're landlord allows you to be on a month to month lease if your plans are to buy again. You will NET the Highest amount possible if you're not having to tell potential buyers that their being able to close & move in, within 30 days or less is Contingent on your buying or locating another property to move in to.

The easier you can make it for the buyer of your home, the more they will pay for your home, that's a fact! I can also help you to maximize your proceeds with proper property presentation, just look around at the way other homes have been presented to the market here on Trulia & you'll see that not every agent 'gets this' & usually the seller doesn't know until it's too late.

Please shoot me an email directly, or give me a call, I don't look back on this same Trulia posting for answers after mine.

Emily S. Knell
EmilyKnell1@yahoo.com
562-430-3053 c
Realtor Since 1996
Realty ONE Group
Hope all is well. Is your goal to sell the property to an buyer and rent back the property? Or are you currently renting and just want to sell an investment property. Just want to make sure I provide you the correct information. You can always call me email me. Have a great day.

Oscar R. Barajas
Broker Associate
Carrington Real Estate Services, LLC.
(714) Top-REO-1
(714) 809-1539 Mobile
(714) 766-8454 Fax
Dre # 01839112
oscar.barajas@carringtonres.com