Home Selling in Los Angeles>Question Details

Chaos, Renter in Toronto, OH

I paid deposit for my room. Next day I asked to cancel it. How can i receive my money back?

Asked by Chaos, Toronto, OH Fri May 13, 2011

Answers

3
Monique & Joe Carrabba’s answer
Hello Chaos,

It says you paid a deposit for a roome but the subject is home selling and you are in Toronto, OH but you posted in Los Angeles. A little confused. Usually you can't get a deposit back if you back out of a rental. That's why it's a deposit.

Monique Carrabba
The Carrabba Group
Keller Williams Hollywood Hills
mcarrabba@kw.com
(323) 899-2900
Hi Chaos:

Did you sign a rental agreement? Do you have any type of agreement with your landlord? Why are you canceling your agreement after you paid your deposit? What happened?

Refer back to your written agreement (if you have one) to see what your cancellation policy is.

Kat Becker
Prudential California Realty
It really depends what you put a deposit on and what type of contract or agreement you signed, it should have a clause regarding deposits. If you did not sign anything check the law in your state about 3 day recisions. Good luck working things out
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 14, 2011