Home Selling in Jefferson>Question Details

dianehall_1, Home Seller in San Antonio, TX

I own my childhood home in Jefferson area. I want to sell but it needs work. Any advice?

Asked by dianehall_1, San Antonio, TX Mon Mar 4, 2013

Answers

13
Christine Aldrete Banks’ answer
Have you considered a home equity loan to make the repairs or renovations? Often times it's a good solution that will wind up netting you a much higher profit in the end. Otherwise, you may only appeal to investors who will make low offers. Manicured modern homes bring the most money at closing. Contact me for more information. Best wishes!
If you'd like a immediate offer, feel free to contact me with the details on the home.

Thanks.

Guy E. Gimenez
Senior Managing Partner / Broker
Globe Assets
512.507.5864
info@globeassets.com
http://www.globeassets.com
Unless you want to learn about and educate yourself on the flipping and/or remodeling industry you will save yourself time, headache, and money by getting at least 3 cash offers from investors, selling it, and moving on. A lot depends on how much your time is worth to you.
Hello Fellow Mustang,

As some of the previous agents have mentioned, that you can sell a home in any condition. But obviously top condition gets top dollar.

I would love the opportunity to take a look at it.

Frances Lopez, GRI (Class of 1979)
Texas REALTOR®

Direct Line: 210.771.0110
http://www.yoursatxrealtor.com

Texas Law requires all real estate licensees to give the following information about brokerage services: Http://www.trec.state.tx.us/pdf/contracts/OP-K.pdf
You can sell a home in any condition but you are going to get a lower price
Diane,

I'm sure you're getting overwhelming responses to your question. lol
I would do three things:

1) Find out how much it would take to get it up to market standards (with you putting in a little work yourself), and selling at full market value.

2) Compare number 1 with how much a cash offer would generate in today's market (this month).

3) Decide which route above will go best in your favor. In other words, do you have the time to do the repairs and hire the hands to get it up to market value....or just be done with it after taking the best cash offer.

Which route would you like for me to help you with today?
I'm just a phone call/email/text away, and I can help you make this decision fast, fun, and easy.

Sincerely & Respectfully,
Jesus Soto
Exit Realty Partners II
10010 San Pedro Ave., #100
San Antonio, TX 78216
Cell: 210.843.6053
email: jesus@930exit.com
Hello Diane,

If you are looking for a quick sale and not have to do any repairs yourself, there are plenty of investors that will make you an offer to buy your house. They can usually close within two weeks, however expect to get offers at about 50% of what your house would be worth if it was in good condition.
If you are able to do the repairs yourself and are not in need of a fast sale, you will get more for your home.
For instance.
lets say your home only needs $10,000 in repairs and the market value for your home in good condition is $100,000.
1. If you find a owner occupant buyer who can look past all the repairs and makes you an offer. The will ask for a price reduction of at least double the repairs for their time an effort.
2. If you find an investor to make you an offer for this same home. You should expect offers below $70,000.
It really depends on your situation. Do you need a fast sale? Can you pay for repairs? Can you wait 3-5 months for rehab and a sale?
For more info. 210-908-1038
Hi Diane,
I'm from SA and I graduated from Jefferson too... I love that area, and I would love to look at your house to see what you need to do to market it, and how I can help you find the best way to market and sell your house... Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions, (fyi) I offer buyer and seller discounts... Hope to hear from you soon...

Rosie Kelch "The Singing Realtor"
24 Years of Real Estate Service with A Song
Hablo Y Canto en Espanol
Call me210-846-3027 Mobile Text Friendly Mobile phone
thesingingrealtor@hotmail.com
24-7 Information Hotline 800-811-5759 ext 1111
800-371-2413 Fax
http://thesingingrealtor.vobre.com/

ICON Realty
Yes, I may be interested in purchasing the property. You can contact me at 210.379.8769.
Have a great day,Troy
Give me a call. I am working with investors that will pay you a price that will allow them to do the renovation needed to qualify the house for a loan for a potential buyer.
Gordon Deering
210-452-4808
Keller Williams Realty City View
Let me see it and I can give you my best advice.
Good Luck.
Jose L. Novelo
(210) 455-7635
Speak with an agent that is familiar with the homes in this area. There are differences i pricing and strategy that are dependent on the specific area of Jefferson in which your home is located. The strategy will depend on the conditions of the home and the pricing structure you are looking for on the home. In some instances it will be better suited for you to price the home as is and in others the increase in value will out perform the cost of the repairs.

Please give me a call to set up an appointment if you are looking for additional information.

210-535-8815

Reggie Hock
Hi Diane,

Well, it depends on the work it needs, but should be able to sell either way. My office has sold many properties in Jefferson over our 40years in business.

Feel free to call me and I can talk to you about it.

Tabitha
210-414-4255