Home Selling in Chicago>Question Details

Grace27, Home Seller in Chicago, IL

I own a parking spot in S. Loop (vetro) and am interested in selling but not sure how much to list it for given the current economy. Please help.

Asked by Grace27, Chicago, IL Tue Apr 19, 2011

Answers

9
start high and reduce it 5% per week..when you have 2-3 inquires per week your close to the right price at which point expect an offer of 5-10% less than list price and accept it. I will list your property on 50 web sites and sell it for you at the absolute highest price your going to get- hire a professional like me or loose more than double my commission per most available statistic- let me help you!
Web Reference: http://www.joeschiller.net
Hello there, Grace.

Thank you for posting.

So, you already have a general idea about the ways in which you may market your space and the range of pricing.

Basically, you can try to market the spot for sale yourself and/or hire a professional real estate expert to assist you - and spots are being marketed for approx 20-37k in the building.

If you would like to discuss your options with a real estate agent who knows the building and is very familiar with the parking situation in the building, please give us a call at 312.242.1000.

Best of luck to you!
Web Reference: http://www.dreamtown.com
Thank you for all of your suggestions. You have been truly helpful!
Should sell it for 20-25k. You are probably better of renting it out right now. Some areas its a breeze to sell a spot, but in this building its tough. Try posting a note in the lobby, or hire an agent to sell it.

Matt Laricy
Americorp Real Estate
Brokers Associate, e-PRO
mlaricy@americorpre.com
708-250-2696
Web Reference: http://americorpre.com
I work and live in the south loop. Pricing depends on which building you are located in and whether you have to sell to someone in the building or if you can sell to someone who does not own in the building, Good luck. Sounds like agent Ricardo may have someone for you. Carol Dorsey
how quickly do you want to sell it and where are you listing it?
The developer is asking a silly 37K for parking and there is one for sale at 20K, but that building is very difficult and I would not hold your breath waiting for hit.
Hi Grace,

There was a space that was listed in the MLS for $20,000. You can always advertise in your building on your own or you can retain an agent to list it in the MLS for you to attract a buyer. Let me know if you would like further help with this process!

Sarah Donnellan
RE/MAX VISION 212
sdonnellan@yahoo.com
708-595-2774
I actually have a client in that building who's looking to purchase an extra spot. Email or call me with more info...