Home Selling in Millville>Question Details

Khaleel Thaj…, Other/Just Looking in Gladwyne, PA

I own a lot @ the beach, since the R.E market isn't good, how can I get it sold w/o taking a hit?

Asked by Khaleel Thajudeen, Gladwyne, PA Sat Nov 17, 2007

It is in a community and we need to get our money out. We thought about building a cheap home on it so we could sell it. Is this a good Idea?

Answers

6
Carol Succarotte Daniels’ answer
Sell the lot. Let the buyer build what he wants. Price it aggressively. Buyers are out there. It will happen. Use a realtor that is flexible. We have the resources and can reach buyers that non-realtor cannot. Good Luck

Carol Daniels
Creative Choice Realty
Bringing Choices to Sellers!
302-893-3632
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 14, 2008
Sell the lot and forget about building. Talk to knowledgeable real estate professional. Chris Kavanagh
Coldwell Banker, Bethany Beach 302-829-9068
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 4, 2008
Put it on the market and pray for the right buyer. Take a look at my website deh2o.com , it displays the amount of time homes in Millville have been on the market. See how many of them have been on the market for over a year? You have two choices if you want to sell it. You can either price it aggressively and take a hit or put it on the market and pray. Sometimes praying works, you never know when just the right buyer will come along but in this market it could be a few years. There is no magic solution. All the marketing in the world will usually not sell an overpriced home or in your case lot. Is it a waterfront lot? I may have a buyer for you. Let me know which community and how much you are trying to get for it. Currently I have a buyer looking for a lot in Point Farm, Bay Colony, Quillens Point or Rogers Haven.
Yes, you can list the property and if take iyou go the conventional way , you might take a hit on it
The best thing to do it to look for a Realtor who does come up with creative financing , and can proof that they market aggresively A lot of it depends if you own the lot free and clear Or do you have a mortgage on it
If you like more info you can call me at 302-339-3882 We also provide For Sale By Owners with Free Marketing Tools and Advice Always Check if your Realtor is a member of that particular MLS service
Sussex is differend then Kent or New Castle If you have the property listed in a New castle MLS the Realtors in Sussex will not find it in the systems I will only work with an office that provide both MLS services to there clients Have a pleasant day, and I hope this helps

Sincerely

Anna Vleugels
302-339-3882 Cell
Re/max Alliance
I sell a lot of beach properties in Broadkill Beach, Bowers, Bayview, Rehoboth, etc. My best advice is list the property!!! Surprisingly, people are always looking for beach properties--no matter what the financial pundits are saying. I can aggressively price and effectively market your property to get it sold. I can be reached directly at (302) 753-5362. Best of luck to you...
I am looking for a lot on the beach in Sussex County, De- where is your lot?