Alicebel, Other/Just Looking in USA, Mobile, AL

I own a house with my ex. I moved out because it got fisical. It's been several months and just today I

Asked by Alicebel, USA, Mobile, AL Wed Nov 5, 2008

received a letter from the bank informing me that the process to refinance it's almost complete. I had not authorized any changes and the bank tells me that the only thing that she needs to take my name out of the mortgage its a letter signed by me and I'll be out of the loan and deed. I don't want that I want to sell the house and we both get equal parts. I need help I don't know what to do. She is doing all this behind my back.

Answers

7
This is a problem for an attorney. We cannot give out legal advice. I would, however, contact the bank and let them know you have not authorized this.
Web Reference: http://www.alaynaberek.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Nov 5, 2008
Absolutely speak with an attorney before signing anything.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Nov 5, 2008
Get to an attorney immediately!

Amanda P. Herring
Realtor-Broker, ABR
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Nov 5, 2008
Get legal advice, sounds like a quit claim deed. if you sign this document you may have not recourse... (I've dealt with this in my divorse) Good luck
Before you do anything, consult with an attorney!
Correct, Do not sign anything. You probably need legal counsel from an attorney.

Unless you sign your name can not be taken of the deed. If there is no equity in the house then you may be better off signing. What is the house worth, and how much is the loan amount?
If you don't want to refinance-then do not sign the letter taking you off title. Then call an attorney asap so they can help you both resolve what is going to happen with the home-whether it would be to sell and split, refi and buy one owner out etc. Let me know if I can help-Good luck!