Home Selling in Ann Arbor>Question Details

Marilyn Chua, Home Seller in Wayne, PA

I own a historic house on UM campus in Ann Arbor MI. Every offer has been full-price offers, but the deal

Asked by Marilyn Chua, Wayne, PA Wed Dec 12, 2007

fails due to township regs and the historic registry complications. Any suggestions on how to sell this wonderful, but encumbered white elephant?

Answers

2
I live in Ann Arbor which Association is it in ? Old West Side, Burns Park. Do you have the copy of regulations. I would have your Realtor put in the listing, "Subject to Historical Modifications".
You or they can always request a variance for some external modifications but it is difficult. What are the specific issues that the buyers have wanted to change ?
Are the Buyers looking for a variance on the current use? If so, you might ask for the variance in advance and offer it with the sale. If no variance is being asked for, I can imagine what obstacles for an owner occupied house would come up? Is it multi-family? A rental property?