Alan, Home Seller in 20009

I own a 2 bedroom 2 bath condo at 2001 12 street NW in DC. What can I sell it for? If I wish to rent it what is the best way to do that?

Asked by Alan, 20009 Fri Mar 26, 2010

excellent shape on first floor with large patio. Includes garage parking place, fireplace, etc.

Answers

7
We are a property management company and manage over 100 rental units in Washington, DC. We also managed 4 two bedroom units at 2020 12th Street NW, 2 of which we sold for our clients in the last couple of years and 2 we currently still manage. Please contact me at Evonbronk@aol.com or my Mobile at 202-352-5892. I can come by with our property manager this week and give you both options. We have excellent references that we will bring with us.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 30, 2010
Hi Alan,
I'd be happy to discuss your options with you and help you determine your best course of action. I can give you an idea of what you can expect to get for your condo. Please provide the following additional info: square footage, floor condo is located on, location in building/views/exposure, flooring, renovations or improvements, and any special features. For a more precise price opinion, I would have to see your condo in person. As far as renting, the least costly but potentially very time consuming way is for you to do it yourself and advertise on Craigslist. I do list and rent properties for owners -- the cost to you is the equivalent of one month's rent and covers all following items -- In addition to advising you on rental price (based on comparable rentals), I take care of photos, advertising/marketing, lockbox/appointments/showings, listing in the multiple listing service, etc. Applications are processed by Long and Foster, my broker, which includes thorough credit check, employment/income verification and rental/housing history, and reports are sent to you. I would assist/work with you in negotiating the lease, using a Long and Foster lease agreement. Contact me at 202-491-5220 or Juliet@longandfoster.com to discuss further.
Juliet
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 26, 2010
Alan
Every property…every market…every seller’s situation is different. How much do you owe on your condo? How much equity do you have? Do you want to use your equity to buy another residence? Or do you want to convert it to an investment property? Your motivation to sell…or not to sell…is a key factor in setting the asking price. Ultimately the market value (“what can I sell it for”) depends on what a financially able buyer is willing to pay and what you are willing to sell the condo for.

I would be happy to schedule a complimentary appointment to review your specific options. You can reach me at 202.363.1800 ext 3727 or through my website: metroDCmaison.com.

Good luck with your possible move!
Deborah Hrouda
Long & Foster Realtors
202.363.1800 ext 3727
Web Reference: http://metroDCmaison.com
Hi again,
So sorry, Alan, I missed the additional info you already provided about your condo. I just did a quick scan of the multiple listing service/MRIS, of 2BR/2BA units that have sold in your building in the last year -- #309 is currently under contract and was listed at $459K (won't know the sold price until it closes); 3 units sold - all on the 2nd floor -- average sold price was $432,500; median sold price was $445K. Currently, #109 is listed for rent at $2,350 -- it has been listed for 104 days and original price was $2,600.
Hope this info is helpful. Contact me (202-491-5220 or Juliet@longandfoster.com) if you have any questions or want to discuss further.
Juliet
In that area property similar to yours run some thing around $400K to $650k. Each unit and homes different from each other. I can do free market analyst with no obligation for you if you want. My name is Payam and my cell is 202-345-2778 or visit me at DCRealtyOnline.com I hope to hear from you.
Web Reference: http://dcrealtyonline.com
Hi Alan! I am very familiar with The Lincoln as one of my close friends has lived there since 2003 and I have shown several units in the building as well, including a 2 bedroom rental on your floor. I would be happy to meet with you to discuss your options further, or just even to send you some comps for both sales and rentals in The Lincoln and in the U Street neighborhood overall. Feel free to shoot me an email at asardegna@weichert.com, or give me a call at 202-486-5399 (cell), and we can chat more about it. Thanks and hope to hear from you!