Home Selling in Roseville>Question Details

Sneely, Home Seller in Roseville, MI

I owe 90k on my home and see that homes in my neighborhood are going for 22k. I'm not happy here &am scared I may never sell. What options?

Asked by Sneely, Roseville, MI Thu Feb 9, 2012

do I have?

Answers

5
Thank you everyone. I am not having any issue finacially and am terrified of ruining credit. I am actually looking to remoldel and contractor told me I shouldn't do anything being so upside down and that I should 'get out'. I don't like where I live, neighborhood is bad, and eventually will move, I just wondered if there were any responsible options outside of waiting 23 years. This contractor said 'there's programs for people like you' I'm guessing he is all wet. Thanks again
IF you have a financial hardship and can demonstrate that you can't afford the house, a short sale may be a good option for you. IF you do not, the bank is much less likely to allow a short sale to take place.
Hi!!

You have several options available to you. You can try a modification on your loan if you want to stay in the house. You can try a short sale or you can become a landlord and lease the home. I've assisted many clients in the same situation you're facing. If you would like the assistance of an agent experienced in short sales I would be happy to help.

Have a Good Evening!!

Karen Paytas, GRI, CMS
Real Living Kee Realty
586-709-8465
kpaytas@mirealsource.com
Possibly you might look at this from a different perspective:
You didn't mention how much your monthly Vig is; Possibly $700, maybe less?

What could you find that is comparable to rent for that same amount per month?
That is what I thought:
How about considering your DECISION and OBLIGATION is simply your RENT;
eventually, you will be at zero. And you will still have your Credit!

But then, what do I know?

Good luck and may God bless
One option is to consider a short sale. However, you need to consider the ramifications of a short sale on your credit and also be careful about tax liabilities. Be sure to work with an agent that is knowledgeable with short sales and I also recommend that you seek the advice of an attorney.
Web Reference: http://teamlefebvre.net