peaceangel, Other/Just Looking in Myrtle Beach, SC

I originally asked the question: "What is the best real estate office to work in for the Myrtle Beach area?" This is a new followup

Asked by peaceangel, Myrtle Beach, SC Sat Mar 2, 2013

question. They don't allow in the question space to ask a followup question so maybe this will show up and maybe not. I moved here a year ago and have lived in 48 cities and towns in America since college. I am told ALL the time because of my personality and the fact that I can sell ice to eskimos that I should sell real estate. I am considering it BUT I know that now commissions are way down from the 12% I often paid for my homes AND know the economy is very bad and will get worse, But what I cannot get my head around is HOW a person who is not from Myrtle Beach could ever accumulate leads, listings and create a business with sooooo many realtors in the area who have hundreds of their own listings and who have lots of money in the bank to advertise and to not have to hang out at the office hoping for a random call AND people are talking about paying an agency for desk fees, advertising and training expenses that would appear to break a person before they sold a house???

Answers

3
The market is not that bad, over 1.5 Billion dollars in sales happen here in 2012. There is over 500 real estate companies in the Myrtle Beach area. Not all companies charge fees, I know this because I don't - I help my agents become successful, by giving them FREE training. The best thing to do is interview with several BIC and find the right fit. I love your comment about selling ice to Eskimos - that will give you a big advantage, most agents don't invest in sales training. Good Luck! Call me, text, or email if you have any more questions.
Cherie, I like your concept and am pretty sure I get it. I have come up with lots of ways to stay away from big corporations for the past 4 decades and that sounds like why you formed your co. I have trained hundreds of sales ppl. most of whom were not sales ppl. like most of the ppl. I have seen on TV realtors show and NONE of them are sales ppl. And only one in a dozen realtors I personally worked with were salespeople. If you like ppl and can make them like you "instantly" then a saleperson can sell anything they truly believe in to anyone who is a buyer. It is so simple for me and for them and I will call you to talk more very soon. I just contracted with Author House to write my life story and I am working on training and taming a 5 lb. Maltese rescue puppy that I just got from a puppy mill. But I like the direction you have taken and the FACT that if you believe in a person you are still willing to train them for free because no one does that anymore
Flag Sat Mar 2, 2013
Good point...Real estate is not an easy business.... Whoever you join plan on a few months without makng money....BUT...it can be a great career once you get started IF you are willing to do what is needed meaning work each day to create leads, work with clients and close transactions. Keller Williams Realty is the best company I know to give you the TRAINING to accomplish YOUR goals...
I will be happy to talk with you about a career in real estate if you want the DETAILS.
Dan Kingsmore
843 421 8218
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Mar 2, 2013
I would like to know how you work daily to create leads? How is that done? Working with clients is the easy part for me; they love me, but how do you get clients and listings if you do not have a client base and do not know anyone here?
Flag Sat Mar 2, 2013
Hi, If interested please give me a call,

Andy
843-446-0474