Tim, Home Seller in 85747

I need to find the True Market Value of my house. How can I find that?

Asked by Tim, 85747 Fri Jun 12, 2009

Answers

13
Hi Tim,
The answer to your question depends on what you intend to do once you obtain the "true value" of your home. If you are planning to refinance your home, your lending institution will provide an appraiser, at your expense, to determine the value of your home. If you need a market value for estate purposes, that set of circumstances could produce a markedly different value. If you are planning to sell your home, a realtor or broker opinion is all you need to start. I am very familiar with your zip code and would be happy to provide you with a comprehensive comparative market analysis at no cost or obligation to you. Let me know how I can help.
Denise McCreary
Tierra Antigua Realty
520.256.6731
denise@buymytucsonhomes.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 12, 2009
Hello Tim,
An appraisal is one way to go, but if you are considering selling your home, then having a Realtor do a market analysis will give you a much better overall picture of the market. I live in 85747 and know the southeast and east side market very well. Civano, Rita Ranch, Mesquite Ranch, etc. I would be more than willing to provide you with some comps for the specific area, at no cost or obligation to you. Feel free to contact me anytime.

Chris Mabry, SRS, e-PRO
Realty Executives Southern AZ
520-991-7806
Chris@MabryHomes.net
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 12, 2009
Tim,

An appraiser is a good way to go, especially if your home is unique or is in a more remote location. However, you can also hire a local Real Estate Agent who knows the area and can give you the inside scoop on how long certain properties are taking to sell in your area. The selling price of a home is dependent on not only what has sold recently, but on what the competition is currently in your market. A Realtor can also give you insight into what is not selling, which gives you a fuller picture of what you could expect to sell your home for.

I live in Rita Ranch and do a lot of work there. I would be happy to complete a Comparative Market Analysis of your home for free. If you decide you would like to sell, I ask that you consider the possibility of hiring me. However, there is no obligation. If you would be interested in talking more about this, I can be reached directly at (520) 481-3695 or via email at RWillis@gotucson.com.

Robin
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 12, 2009
True market value is established by what a willing buyer will pay, and what a willing seller will accept. If we assume you'd like to know a good price to list your home for, you can contact a good Realtor via the Agent Directory on Trulia. Just check in your zip code.
Economics 101 reminds us that "TRUE VALUE" is only established at the point of sale because it is what someone is willing to pay. So an offer on the table that is fundable and recordable would be considered "true value" as soon as it funded and recorded.
Hi Tim,

I agree with several of the agents that have already answered your question. It depends upon why you want the "true value" of your home. Refinancing is always a good reason, but one is usually provided through the mortgage company. However, if its to obtain a market value for selling than I would be most happy to help you by doing a analysis of the homes in your area to get a comparative value based on the exact location you live.

Betty Covey, Realtor, SFR
Long Realty, Dove Mountain
bcovey@longrealty.com
520-270-3781
Hi Tim,

Although I agree with each of the answers below, being that having a full appraisal done on your home to get the REAL true value would be the best way to go. However, if you are looking to get an average of what your home may be worth based on the comps around you, I can help you with that if you would like to contact me with your address.

Lisa Markham
Envoy Mortgage, Ltd.
NMLS# 947738 / AZ# 0921717
520.240.9602
lmarkham@envoymortgage.com
https://lmarkham-envoy.mortgagewebcenter.com
Local appraiser company the best .........
Call a local appraiser or have a local real estate broker do a comparative market analysis. Good luck with everything.
Let me build off of the good advice of David and Michael below (actually, not a bad answer thus far in my opinion): An appraisel will determine value based upon market as well as cost of replacement for the most in-depth view. Under today's guidelines an appraiser must also make assessments of market movements such as is the area stable, unstable, decreasing in value etc--further giving you insight as to true "value". Remember: the true market value is only what a buyer is willing to pay and a seller willing to accept on any given day. In other words, there is still a bit of "art" and not just "science" as truly no two homes are EXACTLY the same--even next door.

So, dependent upon your intent, you may wish to get an indiependent appraisel at probably a cost of $400-450. If you are debating options of selling, then also get at minimum a competent Realtor to give you a detailed CMA--and be able to defend it's numbers.
Michael Rayno is correct. To find out the "Market Value" of your house you need to contact an appraiser. All a realtor will provide with a cma is a suggested selling or purchase price. Appraisers are licensed by the State to provide "Market Value".
Hi Tim,

You could contact a top realtor in your area, and request them to prepare a free comparative market analysis (CMA) report. This report will generate an accurate market value of your home based on comparables in your area. This report will set a value for your home based on its features and benefits and compare it with the features and benefits of similar homes that recently sold or are currently on the market to determine its current value. Most appraisers used the exact same method to generate this report for a fee.

Please take into account, that this report is only a reflection of what the market dictates for that specific day. Therefore, the information provided can fluctuate from day-to-day depending on market conditions
The most accurate assessment would be to hire an independent appraiser.