Susan Desfor…, Home Seller in 80206

I need to find a agent to sell our house in city park. I need someone who knows the neighborhood.

Asked by Susan Desforges, 80206 Tue May 6, 2008

Answers

10
I would love to help! I am a local lender living in the same area and work with plenty of agents who could assist!
Susan,

The most important thing is to position your property at an energy number to generate the highest amount of buying traffic to your door. Today's seasoned buyer has seen everything on the market and they are motivated to buy. Create excitement not only for one buyer- but many. You can net as much as 10% more even in a declining market. An agent’s background and their company's market share are very important so when interviewing agents ensure that you are asking these questions upfront. Ask them about energy pricing the property in this market- challenge them on the spot and always go with your gut instinct.

I hope you had the chance to speak with Jennifer Pollock- she is great to work with and knows downtown Denver. Hi! Jennifer hope you are well!

Wishing you the best success!

Respectfully,
Sarah Solomon
Greetings Susan: We would be happy to speak with you-- and sell your home. We lived near City Park-- near Downtown for 7 years-- and know the area well. Feel free to contact us. For Your Home Value-- visit FindingTheHome.com All the Best, Kathryn Carlson
Hello Susan,

There are many good answers on here about what to do. I do know of an agent who specializes in that side of town and has helped many buyers recently who have bought for themselves or as investment properties, and also sold in that area as well. Area expertise will be huge for you as well.That will give you someone who knows what your competition in the neighborhood is going to be like. How long houses are sitting on the market, what concessions if any are sellers giving. (this lowers your proceeds).

Now I am a mortgage banker, so it is a different take for you, but being a native and city dweller I understand where you are coming from. If you would like any other questions answered or to be put in touch with that agent I referred to feel free to let me know.

Ray Williams
Branch Manager
Colorado Home Solutions
Hello Susan,

It is difficult to hire a top quality Realtor but before you hire anyone you should ask a few very important questions of the agent you are interviewing.

1. How do you market my home on the internet?

2. Do you utilize the skill of a professional photographer and high quality virtual tour company such as OBEO? Many agents take photos with their own digital camera and upload those photos to a virtual tour package. The digital camera photos do not highlight your home in its best light.

3. Will they have a 1-800 number that provides updated information about your home to potential buyers and allows the agent to contact the potential buyers to set an appointment to show your home?

4. Do they offer a staging service to prepare your home in its best light?

5. How will they market your property to other Realtors?

6. Do they offer Ghost Listings? Ask them to explain what a Ghost listing is.

7. How will showings be scheduled? What hours is the office available to set showings on your home?

8. What data are they using to price your home? How do the homes compare to your home?

9. Will they provide color flyers? How many? Are the flyers professionally designed or made on a simple publisher program? Ask for samples of previous home flyers.

10. What real estate designations do they hold? 2 top designations to look for include CRS(Certified Residential Specialist) only 4% of Realtors nationwide have aquired this one and the GRI (Graduate Realtor Institute).

Good luck in your search for an excellent Realtor.

Call me to see my marketing plan and hear how I SELL homes not just list them.

Also, visit my website at http://www.JenniferDenver.com to see other listings I have and the virtual tours I utilize on my listings.

Jennifer Pollock,CRS
Keller Williams Denver Central
210 University Boulevard #600
Denver, Colorado 80206

http://www.JenniferDenver.com
Jennifer@JenniferDenver.com
mobile: 720-495-9404
Hi Susan,

I'm not a Realtor, I'm a Mortgage Broker -- so I see the transaction from a different angle. I've worked with a great agent who knows the City Park area very well. His name is Mark Bailey, here's his contact information:

Mark Bailey
720.299.0541
marktbailey@gmail.com

He is a Realtor with Coldwell Banker, and I've found working with him that he is very skilled about getting the best deals for his clients.

Good luck with your search, and if you need any help with financing your new purcahse, feel free to contact me at ben@bythebrookemortgage.com.

Take care,

Ben Edgson
Mortgage Broker
720.280.0441
Ben@bythebrookemortgage.com
Dear Kathryn,

Actually, you REALLY need to hire a Realtor who GENUINELY understands marketing & advertising your home for sale - and is an expert in negotiating. Hiring a local neighborhood "yes man" or "yes woman" Realtor might be a DISASTER for you in today's Denver Real Estate market! You whole financial and emotional situation is going to come down to a Realtor marketing your home - and perhaps having to do some tough and delicate "countering" of offers on your property. Wasting time and energy on too high of list pricing - given your homes present condition to other neighborhood homes for sale (...no matter how much you are in love with it!)..can be a big mistake!

And just because some Realtors 'market' to your neighborhood, that certainly doesn't give them any claim to fame if your selling situation gets DIFFICULT. Everything isn't always "rosey" in our Denver real estate market now, and sometimes a more experienced Broker out of the area can be a much better choice - regardless of who they work for or where they are located. A great open heart surgeon performs the same miracles at whatever hospital he operates at...don't forget that.

Call me if we can help you too...

Jeff
Web Reference: http://www.jeffboyce.net
Hi Susan, I think you will have lots of high-quality agents respond to your question.

Additionally, try looking on seekingagents.com. It's a great place to compare proposals and profiles from lots of different Realtors in City Park.
Susan,

I love City Park, and so do buyers. City Park didn't make it into this month's 5280, but it was featured in last year's real estate issue.

Quickly, I'd like to tell you a few things that I do that set me apart. First, I'm a certified EcoBroker, so if your home has any energy-efficient features I am in a great position to market them. But even if you don't, I bring elements of a "green" transaction to every deal. From my partnership with CarbonFund.org, where I will buy 3-years worth of carbon offsets for whoever buys your home. To my use of text messaging instead of traditional flyers as a means of delivering information to potential buyers.

Just think, buyers drives by your home and see's the for sale sign. Imagine if they could instantly get all the particulars (including pictures) sent to their phone and have the option, on the spot, to contact me and schedule a showing!

Give me a call. I look forward to speaking with you about your home and having the opportunity to work with you.

John Keene, EcoBroker
Keller Williams
303-547-7578
http://www.livegreen-denver.com
Susan: We would be happy to sell your home. Feel free to contact us, when you are free-
or include your contact information. Thank you, Kathryn