Erik Sachs, Real Estate Pro in Chicago, IL

I need some advice/help selling a villa/townhoues in Atlantic Shores

Asked by Erik Sachs, Chicago, IL Thu Dec 13, 2012

My parents selling my grandmother's villa as part of the estate liquidation. I am worried that they are not well represented. When I look online I cannot find the listing. Why won't the group that manages marketing use the local MLS to generate sales leads?

Answers

8
Hi Erik,

I recently sold one of the villas in Atlantic Shores. The AS website used to IDX the listings but eliminated that feed sometime earlier this year. i do not know nor understand their reasoning. The villa I sold had an offer within 4 weeks after being listed with another agent for over 1 year. I did 2 things that i believe helped that to happen. First, I created an Atlantic Shore webpage with a real time feed featuring my listing and including all current listings and those that sold in the past year. Then I created a Google pay per click campaign that ran on the top of the page when Atlantic Shores was searched. Secondly, I had the villa staged by a professional stager so that pictures enhanced my "featured listing" in Altantic Shores. There are quite a few listings in Atlantic Shores so creative marketing is essential. Also, the management group is a member of our MLS system but it is a small company with little marketing. I do not know who is currently representing your family, but will help if I can. Let me know if you need any additional info.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 13, 2012
I'm not certain if you have sold the home yet. I do know the community well and it does sell. Our market was slow over Christmas but is picking up now. Please let me know if you need any assistance. I don't see a problem in getting the home sold. It's a great location and a wonderful community.
Normally communities 55+ take a little big longer to sell. It will really help to present the property with a fresh coat of paint, removing most of personal stuff and take a lot of pictures. You can select the better one to post it in different real estate sites.

Best of Luck,

Maria Cipollone

Century 21 tenace
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 29, 2012
This neighborhood is a wonderful 55+ community. It is very unique in the neighborhood benefits that come with co-op ownership. I am very familiar with this neighborhood seeing that my close friend is the resale manager there. Please feel free to contact me for more information...Linda Brooks / Long and Foster. 757-718-9330 cell.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 16, 2012
There are currently 20 active and 4 pending in the MLS.
Tom - would you mind sending me the active and pending listings? Are there any closed in the last 12 months? My email is esachs@rpvinc.com. Thanks in advance.
Flag Thu Dec 13, 2012
Eric -

Give me a call and I will be glad to help you. I am a local native and work extensively throughout the Region.

I look forward to speaking with you.

Wayne Goodman
It should be listed on the MLS and represented by a realtor. Please feel free to give me a call and I will be happy to look into this for you.
Thanks so much!
Trish Hertsgaard
Keller-Williams Town Center
757-289-1832
That community may have an in-house marketing department. I have seen others listed in there. I will look into it some more.