Home Selling in Sacramento>Question Details

Sarah, Home Seller in Elk Grove, CA

I need a realtor in Elk Grove who specializes in Short Sales and has dealt with Bank of America

Asked by Sarah, Elk Grove, CA Fri Nov 4, 2011

Answers

17
Hi Sarah,

There are many agents on Trulia that are experienced with Bank of America short sales, the Equator system, and know generally how they operate (myself included). Are you experiencing a specific issue with your BofA short sale that one of us may address for you here? Or are you looking for an agent to list your house?

Erin
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 4, 2011
Erin Stumpf, Real Estate Pro in Sacramento, CA
Hello Sarah,

I am a CDPE, (Certified Distressed Property Expert) and have 99% success rate with my short sales. I am very detailed oriented and persistent. I would like to add, ReMax Gold has alined themselves with Bank of America. If a problem arises we have our own desk in which to escalate our transactions. I have closed many short sales in the Elk Grove area. Please feel free to call me.

Cathy Ruiz
916-205-7178
Hello Sarah I am out of the downtown Lyon Real Estate office but have lived in the Elk Grove area for several years and follow the market trends and Elk Grove specifics quite close. I am a HAFA certified short sale agent and handle all my listings with high standard of professionalism. If you need a short sale agent or anyone you know that would need assistance, call me at any time and I would be glad to help.

Best to you Always,

Shelli Beck
Email: sbeck@golyon.com
Web Reference: http://www.sbeck.golyon.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 6, 2011
My team and I would love to assist. Please visit our website at http://www.code3realty.com. You will find lots of helpful informaiton on the shortsale tab.

Jonathan Burgess
Broker
Web Reference: http://www.code3realty.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 5, 2011
Hello Sarah,

"Two heads are better than one." You would work with a certified short sale team: Laruel Davies, a Certified Distressed Property Expert (CDPE) and a Realtor with over 18 years experience. You would also work with me, Terry Collins Jr., a Certified H.A.F.A. (Home Affordable Foreclosure Alternatives) Specialist and Certified Short Sale Negotiator. I also spent 5 years as a loan officer and I have worked with Bank of America many times. Laurel has also completed short sale transactions with Bank of America and is very familiar with their process. Laurel and I have also completed specialized short sale training held by Bank of America.

Laurel is available Monday - Friday from 8:30 am to 6:30 pm and Saturday by appointment. I am available Tuesday - Sunday from 8:30 am to 7:00 pm and Monday by appointment. As you can see from looking at our schedules, you will have someone available to answer your questions 7 days a week. We will keep you informed every step of the way and we will return your calls promptly.

Sarah, all successful negotiation begins with research, so I suggest you interview multiple Realtors. When you are finished, give us a call.

Laurel Davies, Realtor, CDPE
Outstanding Life Member SAR Masters
Century 21 M&M and Associates
725 Riverpoint Ct. Suite 110
West Sacramento, Ca. 95605
Office: 916.371.0637
Cell: 916.952.6813
Direct: 916.642.1304
Email: mizlaurel@aol.com
License #01049869

Terry Collins Jr., Realtor
Certified H.A.F.A Specialist
Certified Short Sale Negotiator
Century 21 M&M and Associates
725 Riverpoint Ct. Suite 110
West Sacramento, CA 95605
Direct: 916.629.4858
Fax: 866.667.5049
Email: terry@collintech.net
I am new to Trulia but not to short sales. Working with short sales buyers and sellers for 5 years you will find me a excellent resource. In my opinion, it is important to interview multiple agents.
Elizabeth Weintraub is heads above any other Sacramento or Elk Grove short sale agent. In fact she wrote the book about short sales, The Short Sale Savior. She has 35 years in the business. Hire the best. Don’t settle for second best: http://elizabethweintraub.com.
--
Every agent can say that they're experienced with short sales. It's most of the market right now. I would suggest you look for someone with special education and certification in short sales, either as a CDPE (certified distressed property expert) or SFR. There is s website http://www.cdpe.com that will show agents that have gone through their training.

When you consider a realtor for a short sale, ask specific questions relating to how they work with the negotiator, what information they require from you to complete the short sale (should the be same answer because the LENDER is the person who tells you and is consistent according to the Government's Making Home Affordable program), and how they work with the buyer's agent. Stong communications skills are required to keep the buyer interested as you wait for the short sale approval. Then inquire about their negotation skills- because you want someone who's handled some of the nuances that can happen with negotiating on your behalf with your lender, and the buyer at the same time.

If the agent tells you he's done X number of deals, it's not unreasonable to ask to see their report showing those closed transactions. You are putting your success in their hands so you need to make sure that they have a prepared system and are experienced. BofA is the most common bank that anyone has done a short sale with as they have the most number of distressed propertes in the market.

I am a CDPE, and offer a free one hour consutlation. We go through the questions the lender will ask you, how they interpret those questions, and what offerings may be availalbe to you,. Last, we call your lender. THEY are the key fac tor in your sucess.

I expect to thoroughly understand why the solution is a short sale and not any type of loan modification to help you keep your home....just so that the decision you make to short sale is really the right decision in your mind. We also provide legal service so that you can review the legal impplications. I'm not the only experienced agent out there but there are many who are not so call and discuss your situation with some. I also would like to offer two free reports on my website that might help you at http://www.AskSueArcher.com.

Sue Archer
Realtor & Home Retention Consultant
(916) 847-9686
Web Reference: http://www.asksuearcher.com
Sarah,
I would be happy to talk to you. I am a Real Estate Broker and also an attorney and I specialize in Short Sales. I am in Sacramento and handle the Elk Grove area. I offer free legal services in conjunction with your short sale. I will give you a free consultation to analyze your situation so at least you know what your options are and the consequences associated with those options. Please call me at 916.442.6400 to discuss. Thanks Ted
Sarah,
I have extensive experience with Short Sales and I am currently working on three with Bank of America. I am the Training agent for our Elk Grove office as well. Everyone's situation is different, and you may have options to save your home. I would be happy to speak with you directly to go over your current situation and assist you with making the right decision for you and your family.

You may contact me at 916-595-2697.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Nancy Benton
There is no one better than Erin Attardi or Kellie Swayne at Dunnigan, Realtors. You can reach them through the office number of 916-454-5753. Good luck!
Sarah,
I also am a successful short sale agent, have closed many short sales with B of A through equator and have some nice contacts within their system if the transactions gets difficult--I can go to a manager there. I've sold many homes in Elk Grove, a very healthy area for sales right now!

Have you tried a loan modification yet? If you have, you might be eligible to sell under a HAFA short sale. The home and loan scenario do have to qualify (and honestly this type of sale can take many months), but the upside is the bank can't foreclose, and you get some moving money--up to $3,000. But....I write again...there are qualifications to be met.

Reach out to me if you need some help.
K
Web Reference: http://www.kyleeroe.com
I have done several short sales with Bank of America. Even a few in Elk Grove. If you'd like a reference or two, let me know.

Every situation is different, to some degree. Depending on the type of short sale, B of A may have one of their contracting firms handle the short sale. I've worked with both of the ones they are currently using.

Let me thank you for taking the responsible way and actually taking control of your situation. Too many people just walk away, either figurtively or literally, and leave the bank holding the bag. By initiating a short sale, you are not only helping yourself (no "Forclosure" to report) but also your neighbors, by keeping the value ofyour neighborhood intact, and the lender. A short sale is better for everyone than a foreclosure. ... Thank You.

You can reach me at 916-743-1454, if you have any questions.
Try Weintraub, Elizabeth
Broker Associate
Downtown Sac
Office: (916) 447-7878
Phone: (916) 233-6759

Lyon Real Estate

She has a Trulia profile too that you can check on
Deborah Stafford with Keller Williams is a GREAT short sale expert and I'm sure she's worked with Bank Of America plenty of times.

Deborah Stafford
(916) 580-0945
Sarah,

I will have one of our agents contact you in a couple of minutes. I personally do not go out to Elk Grove.

Our Company has one of the best short sale staffs and has dealt with BofA a lot. They can be a little tricky but, they can also be one of the easiest to deal as well.

Could you email me your contact information?

Jcollins@sbcglobal.net

James Collins
Connect Realty
916-257-3779
DRE #01014820
Hi Sarah,
I've dealt with BofA in multiple transactions. They are actually a great bank to deal with in a short sale scenario. Their entire system is online, which means quick communication and no losing documents. I used to negotiate short sales on my own, but now I employ a short sale negotiator to get the job done. Her entire job is negotiating short sales. She has a fantastic record getting them approved, is very knowledgeable, and has been doing it for over 3 years exclusively. I sell homes throughout Sacramento and El Dorado counties, and would love to share how I can help you. You can call me at 530-503-5225 or email me at Morgan@TeamAldrich.com. Thanks Sarah! Looking forward to hearing from you.
Web Reference: http://www.MorganLarson.com