Home Selling in Gulf Shores>Question Details

Century 21 M…, Real Estate Pro in Gulf Shores, AL

I need a disclousre that says all parties are aware that there is Chinese Dry wall in house and both parties acknowlege it and hold harmless

Asked by Century 21 Meyer Real Estate, Gulf Shores, AL Thu Aug 12, 2010

hold harmless the company, brokers and agents involved.

Answers

5
Anthony,

Baldwin county does not have a specificform that addresses this, but I have a Florida form that should serve the purpose. If you still need this give me a shout.
Anthony,
There is no standard hold harmless disclosure for Chinese Drywall at this time for Baldwin County. As the others have stated, you would need to either consult with an attorney on this matter to protect yourself, or your real estate agent should be able to provide something for you to disclose this and obtain signatures acknowledging the fact and agreeing to hold all parties harmless.
If the standard form does not exist, then you need an attorney to help guide you.

Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service - in New Jersey
Web Reference: http://www.feenick.com
Hi Anthony,
contact your local Board of Realtors you belong to...
If and since Chinese Dry Wall has been a problem in your state, they may have an official addendum you can use, otherwise you will have to make up your own based on lead paint disclosure or radon disclosures, show it
to a real estate attorney, to get his/her ok on it...

Best would be if your Board or Realtors has come up with an official form.
check with them first!
Take care and good luck
Edith YourRealtor4Life
Your Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert
I would type up an addendum, using much of the same verbage used in the lead-based paint disclosure.
To my knowledge, there is no standard form from the State of Alabama, at least not yet.