k-mama, Home Seller in Centreville, VA

I'm wanting to sell, but I did not like the price point she set. What can I do?

Asked by k-mama, Centreville, VA Fri Jun 7, 2013

True, there are not any homes to compare to ours.

Answers

12
Ron Thomas’ answer
Its a funny thing about LISTING PRICE:
Its a lot giving your girlfriend a sweater; if it's too big, she'll feel complimented, and if it's too small, she'll wear it!

If you price it too high, you'll never get any Offers nor feedback. If you price it too low, you'll get multiple Offers.

There is the posibility that she knows what she is doing.
You can get comparables from other realtors in area.
I agree that comparables are what realtors use to set the price but it is your choice to set the price at what you think is fair. Because our market is trending upwards it is ok to set a slightly higher price and see what the market has to say about the price. In roughly two weeks you will know if you priced the home correctly. The last two homes I listed have gone under contract in 4 days. Give me a call, emial or text.

Mark Queener
ZipRealty
703.623.9354
queenerteam@gmail.com
Hi K Mama,

Is the price point set by your Realtor below what you would like? Truth is that ultimately you have the final say of what you would like to price your home for. However, your agent is probably pricing your home to the market. The market being what similar homes have sold near you within the past 3 months. Give me a call/email!

List it, SOLD!

Kenneth Wang
(571) 251-1113
KennethWang@kw.com
KennethWangrealty.com
Hi K-mama,

The price point has to do with neighborhood comparables. However, sometimes there are not good comps and more research must be done and specific questions should be asked: How many other homes are for sale in your community? How much have others sold for? How does your home show? Does it have features that make it stand out from the rest? How quickly are you wanting to sell?

Best of luck in your home selling adventure! :) Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Loren Smith
Re/Max Gateway
703-473-2443
loren@lorensmithrealtor.com
Your real estate agent can show you comps of other homes in your area, as well as find similar homes a little outside of your neighborhood and make adjustments accordingly. She can show you what other homes look like and what they offer in the price range you think your home is worth so that you can see the comparison as a buyer would see it. You can get multiple opinions but it won't change what has sold in your area, or ones that have sold similar to yours. Buyers will compare price to what homes have to offer: square footage, features, bedrooms, baths, finished basements, garages, condition, and location. And if you still want another opinion, pay for an appraisal.

If your desired price and her recommended price are not too far apart, ask her to try yours for 2 -4 weeks, afterwards if there are no offers and little to no traffic, you will agree to lower the home to her price. The drawback here is that you lost the crucial 1st 4 weeks on the market.

And as the old saying go, if you price it too high, then you will be the highest bidder - and end up keeping the house.

Best wishes in selling your home.
Well, it I can help you. Been in the community for last 20 years and will do what ever it takes to get you the price you like. Contact me at703-927-5827
Take a special agent, expert to to price the house and get you the good returns, Contact me! Lived here locally for over 20 Years!Jasjit Kochhar 703-927-5827
If you're not happy with what you've heard maybe interviewing another agent or two may help shed light on your concerns. There are a few agents here that have volunteered and I am also someone that could offer to help.

If you're interested in a new viewpoint, I'd be happy to carve out some time for you. Contact me and I'll see about stopping by tomorrow for a short 5 minute visit. Promise not to sell you anything, just a quick visit to take a look and answer any questions you may have.

Talk soon!

Jamie
571-334-2343
What's different about your home versus the other recent home sales?
I would suggest that the first thing you do is have this conversation with your Realtor. You and you Realtor should have a relationship where you feel comfortable speaking to her about this. If you feel that your Realtor is not right for you I would be happy to earn that right to be your new Realtor. If you want to discuss further you can reach me on my cell at 703-307-3449.

John Ginty
Keller Williams Capital Properties
10300 Eaton Pl, Suite 120
Fairfax, VA 22030
JohnGinty@kw.com
http://www.JohnGintySells.com
Did you get another opinion?
If I wanted to sell, I would trust my realtor.
Or find a Realtor you can trust.