Home Selling in Oakland>Question Details

Susan Robards, Real Estate Pro in Berkeley, CA

I'm unable to add a listing and claim it as my own.

Asked by Susan Robards, Berkeley, CA Tue Nov 5, 2013

I searched for my listing on Trulia and it was there, but not yet claimed by me. I went to My Listings and searched for it so I could claim it. I claimed it but it never showed up--48 hours later--in My Listings. When I claimed it, I got a message saying that a confirmation was sent, but I never received it. I went back in to try to repeat the steps under My Listings, and when the property comes up, the box to check to claim it is grayed out. HELP!

Answers

2
It seems Trulia has still not bothered to answer your question nearly a YEAR later???? I have the same question ? Makes me think they are useless!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 6, 2014
PS. and you should not PAY ANYTHING to claim YOUR home like Scott suggested. ZILLOW and ALL the other sites do it for FREE.
Flag Sat Sep 6, 2014
Hi Susan,

I had a similar issue and then paid Trulia $20 to make my new listing a featured listing. This not only allowed me to claim my listing it improved my listings exposure on Trulia and showed me as the contact person for the listing in the upper right hand corner rather than three other agents. Take a look at 4800 Walnut Street, Oakland and you'll see what I am referring too. Hope this helps.