Joseph Colli…, Home Seller in Des Moines, IA

I'm selling my 3BR/1.5BA ranch in Southwestern Hills and need recommendations on where to advertise!!!

Asked by Joseph Collins, Des Moines, IA Tue Sep 1, 2009

We are attempting to sell our house at 2508 Watrous Ave (right across from Jefferson Elementary School) and were wondering if anyone had neat advertising ideas. We already have a few signs up here and there. Call 515-418-7455 or answer her for more info. Thanks!

Answers

4
I am assuming that you are not going the list with a real estate agent route. In that case, I will not waste your time with all the pros and cons of using a real estate agent to sell your properties. Here are some FSBO advertising options that worked for me:

FSBO.com - good internet advertising.

Local newspaper: Classifieds are okay but display ads on a Friday that runs the real estate section are a killer.

CraigsList: Join the mess of 1001 real estate ads.

MLS: Some local Multiple Listing Services will allow FSBO listings to go in here for a flat fee. You need to be willing to pay a buyer brokers commission if they find a buyer. This is usually around 3 to 3.5% of the sales price.

Flyers in your grocery, hardware, community buildings or anywhere where this is a bulletin board.

Sounds like you are in a high traffic area, make sure that you get a quality sign in your yard. Not the dime store one that you just write in your phone number. Spend a little extra and get a professional sign with a waterproof box that offers flyers.
Joseph
As a Realtor for approximately 36 years, I feel you need to explore all means of selling your home. For some people it is a matter of do you want to deal directly with the buyer who may want you to believe that he/she is qualified but not produce paper work.
Do you want to work with a real estate company and then what type - full service or limited service at a reduced rate of commission. We at Realty Xperts offer both types and works best for sellers that want to save some money and perhaps show their own home to get feed back. Many agents will have you believe there is a standard fee/commission, no , it is negotiable.
Also many firms are now charging in addition to commission a broker administrative fee, for what I have no idea, I was always taught commission was to cover expenses and profit. This Broker Administrative fee is charged to sellers and buyers and for sellers I have seen some over $400 in addition to commission. You live an a neighborhood not far from my office and home, and I am very familar with the neighborhood and it is usually well sought after if the home is priced correctly and not artifically high to get the listing or artifically low to sell it to quick. How a house is priced makes a big difference in time on market. Correctly priced homes are selling usually between 75 and 98 days right now.
If I can be of help feel free to contact me
Bill Carmichael realtyxperts1@hotmail.com or 277-7945.
Thank you for reading.
Joseph, Have you thought about listing this home with an Multiple Listing Service agent such as myself? If youy listed with me you'd have your listing displayed on all major internet sites, other broker's MLS sites, and advertised through color flyers, print ads and reflective signage. Now is a great time to have an affordable home on the market with the extension and expansion of the home buyer tax credit. Give me a call at 515-988-3726 or read the testimonials on my website MyIowahome.com. I look forward to hearing from you!
Web Reference: http://www.myiowahome.com
Look into this website http://www.fsbo.com/. It's a great place to advertise "For Sale By Owner" homes. They have a few different marketing packages to choose from also. The internet is always a great place for more people to see your home. You might try and Google search free websites to put your home on.

Josh Gillum
RE/MAX Real Estate Group
6600 University Ave.
Windsor Heights, IA 50311
Licensed Real Estate Agent in Iowa
515-633-7960 Cell
515-271-7728 Office
515-279-3711 Fax
JoshuaGillum@gmail.com
Web Reference: http://www.fsbo.com/