Home Selling in Falls Church>Question Details

House Seller, Home Buyer in Richmond, VA

I'm selling a house in falls church (appraised for $490k in March 2013) and I want to utilize an agent who represents both buyer and seller. Thoughts?

Asked by House Seller, Richmond, VA Wed May 8, 2013

Would be willing to give agent 4.5% commission. Let me know if interested

Answers

14
Do you already have a buyer for your house? Do you want help in writing the contract and making sure that it gets to closing? Though Virginia's laws do state that dual agency ("representing" both parties) is allowed, it is not that wise to do so because that will mean that the agent cannot guide or counsel either party (i.e., recommend home inspectors, termite inspectors, title companies, closing dates and how it affects the seller or buyer, contingencies, etc.). All we're really allowed to do is ask you what you want to put in that blank on the contract form and then stare at you until you answer.

Not having your own agent (or the buyer not having its own agent) does not mean that the sale of your house will not go smoothly. It just means that if you have your own agent, you have the benefit of that agent's expertise in your corner and they can counsel you on what may be best and what you are legally required to do.

Many people sell homes being unrepresented. Many people buy homes unrepresented. It is just not necessarily wise to do so. You can be represented by your own agent and the buyer can be unrepresented (or vice versa).

If you'd like me to help by either representing you or representing the buyer (can't really be effective doing both), please let me know.

Deniece Mayberry
RE/MAX Executives
(703) 451-0677
You have what is called a duel agency agreement. If you already have a buyer this isn't an issue. Although, I am wondering why would you choose to do this? 4.5% can be split with the buyer agent and you can have an agent that would represent you for your best interests. Please contact me:

List it, SOLD!

Kenneth Wang
(571) 251-1113
kennethwang@kw.com
kennethwangrealty.com
I can help with this issue but not wise to give away my knowledge in a public forum. 571-748-7630
The chances of a listing agent selling his or her own listing is probably less than 1-2%. Your perceived savings in trying to pay less commission will probably cost you more money in the long run by limiting your market. The market is very dynamic right now and priced fairly, you should sell within 30 days. There are strategies to help you get the most for your home with the confidence that you didn't leave anything on the table. Entering into a listing agreement under the premise the listing agent will also represent the buyer is almost a guarantee to lose you money. Please contact me at chris@therealq.com and I will be happy to share my thoughts on this for you and show you how to both save money and get top dollar with a better strategy. You can weigh them both and then decide from there which direction you would like to go.

Chris
I'd be happy to help. Lots of experience with all sorts of real estate deals. Thanks @ 571-748-8150
We would be willing do this transaction for a flat-fee.
Please contact me at 703 887 3148,Patrick Figueroa,BrokerOwner,Fine Homes Realty LLC,Falls Church, Va 22042

Yes, we have flexibility on the fees.

I do offer upto 4% Fee, in order to save SELLER lot of money.
FREE 1 YEAR HOME WARRANTY

Plus, we do FULL MARKETING to sell your house.

Please note all of my LISTINGS are SOLD in few days!
Results really matters and you can check out my website.

http://www.bashirassociates.com

I will be happy to help you.

Thank You!

Junaid Bashir - Realtor
Direct # 703-622-0560
junaid@realtor.com
http://www.junaidbashir.com
If you have not already found an agent, please call me at 703-625-6731 as I would be happy to represent you for 4.5%. Please check out http://www.khannarealty.com for some background information on me.
I will be honored to represent you. I have handled dual roles in past transactions during my real estate career of more than 38 years both in the United States and overseas. I would love to meet you for a free marketing and buying consultations. I speak 8 world languages and a retired Foreign Service Officer. Please call me at 703 303 7606 or email me at mier.realty@gmail.com. I look forward to assist you. My best personal regards and good luck.

Mier Jury, Realtor
Keller Williams Fairfax Capital Properties
10300 Eaton Place, Suite 120
Fairfax, VA 22030
I would love to speak with you about what you are looking for and provide you with some useful information, as well as excellent service. Please give me a call at 703-307-3449.

John Ginty
Keller Williams Capital Properties
10300 Eaton Pl, Suite 120
Fairfax, VA 22030
703-307-3449
JohnGinty@kw.com
http://www.JohnGintySells.com

My Name is Pat Giannelli with Keller Williams Realty, 703-624-1728. I specialize in Falls Church (City & FFX Co.) I am also a resident. I would be happy to help you out.

I look forward to speaking with you at your convenience,

Pat
I'd be happy to help you. I work with both buyers and sellers. I'd have to talk to you more about what you want to do. Please give me a call or email at 540-834-7343 or Chris@therealq.com
If you find someone who'll do that you'll have a fool for an agent.